• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to papa
da0510c11464901544048d8c074fbfe4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Missed out on another today. Looks to be training a bit as well. Wouldn’t happen if I was there.View attachment 20463

At least you're getting it. There has been heavy rain all around since yesterday and I've had nothing but sprinkles. I finally gave up and put the sprinklers out.

At least you're getting it. There has been heavy rain all around since yesterday and I've had nothing but sprinkles. I finally gave up and put the sprinklers out.
Yeah good thing I’m getting rain back home and not where I’m at now. I don’t want it to rain on my vacation. Hope you get some good rain though and not me.

Next! What a pooping poop fest76819D24-B173-4C91-A432-71C565579333.png

Our best chance of rain will be when a tropical system comes in. We probably face 1-2 months of dry weather here, while GA and NC get too much rain.

As the last system showed, an organized tropical system is far from necessary. All most really need is slow moving tropical moisture as was the case earlier this month.

Remember what JB said, wherever the summer rains flood, will see bountiful snow in the winter. Watch out north-west NC. Sorry rest of the south east.

Remember what JB said, wherever the summer rains flood, will see bountiful snow in the winter. Watch out north-west NC. Sorry rest of the south east.

Some areas not far from here flooded as bad as, if not worst than, was the case with Irma and Hermine. Bluffton, SC, was hit very hard. So, I guess that means record breaking snow there next winter per JB. :eek:

Last edited:
This theory must only work in certain locales. 22 inches of rain between July and August last year, barely got 3% of that as a snow total .

Our best chance of rain will be when a tropical system comes in. We probably face 1-2 months of dry weather here, while GA and NC get too much rain.
Exactly. Nobody is getting any rain except the foothills near and around Wilkes county for the rest of the summer. And temps are going to routinely be AOA 100 until September. This will be the worst heat and drought you've ever seen. That I can tell you.

Exactly. Nobody is getting any rain except the foothills near and around Wilkes county for the rest of the summer. And temps are going to routinely be AOA 100 until September. This will be the worst heat and drought you've ever seen. That I can tell you.
I think we may be able to see if this forecast verifies before that outflow boundary to our north gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back