• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im the same way really. I have an irrational fear of bees, wasps, etc.
I don't mind bugs all that much. Not crazy about bees, and I try to stay away from where they are. But the one-off bee just buzzing around me doesn't bother me. He just curious.

The worst is mowing over a yellow jacket nest though. You don't know it initially, but it doesn't take long to learn that you have just got yourself into a spot of trouble.

I will say that watching someone running wildly away from a bees nest is one of the funniest things to observe (I've been that guy several times)....kind of along the same lines as watching someone's umbrella blow inside out. I don't know why that's funny, but it sure is.

I don't mind bugs all that much. Not crazy about bees, and I try to stay away from where they are. But the one-off bee just buzzing around me doesn't bother me. He just curious.

The worst is mowing over a yellow jacket nest though. You don't know it initially, but it doesn't take long to learn that you have just got yourself into a spot of trouble.

I will say that watching someone running wildly away from a bees nest is one of the funniest things to observe (I've been that guy several times)....kind of along the same lines as watching someone's umbrella blow inside out. I don't know why that's funny, but it sure is.
I didn’t understand this until a few years ago! Cutting grass commercially, I ran over a yellow jackets nest, got stung 6 times, ran crazily about 25 feet or so, they still kept coming! Clothes were coming off, the stinging only stopped when I got inside the truck! After the fact, I looked on the internet and see that they release pheromones when they sting, so the other ones know where to sting and attack! And they are so mean, they can bite first, to get a better grip to sting you harder! Nasty boogers!

If you find them or other bugs inside, do you kill them or do you first try to get them outside alive? Keep in mind that they have families, too. And they are among the Almighty's creations
I love animals, but this will be getting shot! I hate spiders!43BB5485-6B47-401B-ABE7-0ED7813607F0.png

This pooping sucks! Dud incoming! I’m sure CLT gets shellacked, like usual, I get a sprinkle795862C6-3380-423D-B8FC-F9690F07421D.png

I've been that guy that pushed a lawnmower over a yellow jacket nest, they had me before I knew what had hit me.... it's the one time I ended up at the ER (turns out I'm allergic apparently). Wasp and yellow jackets (the ground one's, holy terrors they are) are the things I have a true fear of, literally nothing else in the world actually scares me but those 2 things do. Was sitting in my car one Sunday a few years back, waiting on the rest of the fam to go to church, and noticed yellow jackets coming and going from a hole in the ground by my rose bush. It looked like Hartsfield-Jackson Airport with so much traffic, did a little digging and exterminating and discovered a nest that was 18" by 2', thing was yuge!!!

Just got my water bill for May. I'll be taking donations and starting a GoFundMe. Damn!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You need to do a weed lawn like me. Then you could save a lot on your water bill. So what if the yard looks like dirt!

You need to do a weed lawn like me. Then you could save a lot on your water bill. So what if the yard looks like dirt!
Its been considered to be honest. After we miss the rain today and tomorrow that may be what I do

Its been considered to be honest. After we miss the rain today and tomorrow

And all through next Wednesday too.

I've been that guy that pushed a lawnmower over a yellow jacket nest, they had me before I knew what had hit me.... it's the one time I ended up at the ER (turns out I'm allergic apparently). Wasp and yellow jackets (the ground one's, holy terrors they are) are the things I have a true fear of, literally nothing else in the world actually scares me but those 2 things do. Was sitting in my car one Sunday a few years back, waiting on the rest of the fam to go to church, and noticed yellow jackets coming and going from a hole in the ground by my rose bush. It looked like Hartsfield-Jackson Airport with so much traffic, did a little digging and exterminating and discovered a nest that was 18" by 2', thing was yuge!!!
I have also mowed over a yellow jackets nest and was stung by at least 2. It was the worst pain ive ever been in.

Its been considered to be honest. After we miss the rain today and tomorrow that may be what I do

I take pride in my weed lawn. I got dandelions, chickweed, henbit, those little lily pad looking things, clover stands, those little weeds that look like clovers that have the little yellow flowers and those tiny little banana things on them, the weeds with the spikey things on them, and those fake strawberries...not to mention, sweetgum balls and pine cones galore, oak galls, vole holes, mole tunnels, and fire ant mounds. There might actually be some hidden grass in there somewhere, but it's really too hard to know for sure.

I take pride in my weed lawn. I got dandelions, chickweed, henbit, those little lily pad looking things, clover stands, those little weeds that look like clovers that have the little yellow flowers and those tiny little banana things on them, the weeds with the spikey things on them, and those fake strawberries...not to mention, sweetgum balls and pine cones galore, oak galls, vole holes, mole tunnels, and fire ant mounds. There might actually be some hidden grass in there somewhere, but it's really too hard to know for sure.

If anyone asks, just tell them it is your wildflower garden.

Weeds are also compliments of our Creator, of course. So, it is a good thing that you’re nice to weeds. Like bugs, it is a good thing not to kill weeds.

If anyone asks, just tell them it is your wildflower garden.

Weeds are also compliments of our Creator, of course. So, it is a good thing that you’re nice to weeds. Like bugs, it is a good thing not to kill weeds.
Screw that. If a bug comes inside my house he's dead.

Has anyone planted jasmine in their yards as ground cover? If so, how do you like it? Do you have it under control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back