• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2019 Heat Wave Rating: 4/10

next..
I’d give it a 3! 95-96 is not that amazing! The only reason it doesn’t get a 2 is, the lack of rain, 18+ days, is remarkable, but sadly, becoming more the norm. Plus it’s breezy most of the time, the most miserable heatwaves are dead calm outside, and 0 clouds in the sky! There are always a few cirrus clouds and puffy cumulus, to make it not extremely boring!

meh. I'm with @Jimmy Hypocracy here. 4/10. 95 with a nice breeze. if it was calm? 5.5/10. all I'm sayin is, its been hotter
Im telling you, I’ve been working on asphalt with no shade for most of the day and haven’t even cracked a sweat. It’s warm for May but to me this is no “heat wave”. This breeze actually has a chill to it when it comes through ??‍♂️

I find this interesting from the NWS:

Heat Advisory
A Heat Advisory is issued when the heat index value is expected to reach 105 to 109 degrees (east of the Blue Ridge) or 100 to 104 degrees (west of the Blue Ridge) within the next 12 to 24 hours. A Heat Advisory may be issued for lower criteria if it is early in the season or during a multi-day heat wave.

Now, with the exception of the few who live in the the armpit of the south and only consider it hot when it reaches 150 (ahem... SC), I think the NWS would have been correct to issue a heat advisory based on the last sentence alone. Shoot, in some areas like @pcbjr backyard they've reached "normal" heat advisory criteria. Soooo I wonder what the rationale has been, b/c I'm not even reading the possibility of one being issued?

Btw officially at KIXA, just down the road from mby, 95/70 heat index of 101.... that's hot by June, July and August standards, it's blistering by May standards.

Im telling you, I’ve been working on asphalt with no shade for most of the day and haven’t even cracked a sweat. It’s warm for May but to me this is no “heat wave”. This breeze actually has a chill to it when it comes through ??‍♂️
Your delusional

I could've sworn I've seen you post how much you were sweating in the torch of winter when temps were some 20 degrees cooler..... hmmm

Edit: dude no wonder, you're DP is 58, heat index of only 93, lower than the actual temp....

Your delusional
It was a bit of a hyperbole but in my line of work this is not so bad. 94-95 with a steady breeze is actually amazing imo. 99-100 with no breeze and high humidity is a completely different story

It was a bit of a hyperbole but in my line of work this is not so bad. 94-95 with a steady breeze is actually amazing imo. 99-100 with no breeze and high humidity is a completely different story
I edited my post... to make it worse and to also kind of understand Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back