• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference from here vs there, Sun angles causing massive huge very big water go bye bye and inflow from wall clouds in ok is drying up lakes as part of the sky healing process, my bird man imitation

Decimal point rain totals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Did the 0z euro look any better? Seems models are showing a little better chance of rain this weekend, I'm guessing still of the scattered variety and meager rainfall totals though

No rain since May 11th at my location in Lexington, SC. 2.12 has fell this month, all of that but 0.01 falling in a 2 day period. We have had a total of 2.15 since April 20th. Stats coming from my Cocorahs gauge. Rain is becoming as rare as snow around here (joking). Grass is already turning to hay, I'm blessed to have well water to even keep mine green. This just really sucks, I don't even feel like growing season was fully done before the rain just stopped falling. What an awful start to Summer, Summer already sucks, this just makes it worse when we can't even get rain. Stupid SER.

Guess what? no rain looking likely for the next several days, which will put us well over 20+ days without rain.

Last edited:
No rain since May 11th at my location in Lexington, SC. 2.12 has fell this month, all of that but 0.01 falling in a 2 day period. We have had a total of 2.15 since April 20th. Stats coming from my Cocorahs gauge. Rain is becoming as rare as snow around here (joking). Grass is already turning to hay, I'm blessed to have well water to even keep mine green. This just really sucks, I don't even feel like growing season was fully done before the rain just stopped falling. What an awful start to Summer, Summer already sucks, this just makes it worse when we can even get rain. Stupid SER.

Guess what? no rain looking likely for the next several days, which will put us well over 20+ days without rain.
It’s amazing how the heat ridge can lock in for weeks, yet we can’t get blocking to lock in a cold shot, for more than 2 days! ?

Dew point of only like 55 today also. I barely sweat when I cut the yard. Felt nice with the breeze. People out west cant complain about dry heat, its really not bad.
Yeah, had a parent VS kids baseball game last night 6-8, 94 degrees , but it was a dry heat! Of course I went 3-3, crushing balls like Mark McGwire! ??

Only 100 miles to go, come to papa....
f806d685981151ed5f83a3b9aa40541b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NAM has some beautiful hail soundings on Friday, but it’s the NaM, the NAM was right about my hailstorm a few weeks ago, we’ll see, Transient EML plume/plume of steep mid level lapse rates/colder air aloft and large amounts of shear around 6-8 KM AGL is perfect for hail growth, sounding also supports isolated damaging microbursts with such large CAPE/DCAPE and water loading from high PWAT with dry air aloft 1EC177EF-45B9-44F9-B095-3BEBF98190FF.png

Hrrr has had that consistent area of showers around my area today, soundings are so marginally supportive of showers, large inverted Vs and DP mixing argue against it, hrrr did get it right with that consistent shower in my county a few days ago even with such trash thermodynamics, sounding also supports gusty winds 59104DD9-399F-404E-815F-1D1A67F32CB0.png96882766-E444-4F3D-8DC0-E7902ACCF369.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back