• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

May try to hop in VXRT (for a quicker swing trade than OPES probably lol, I'm getting the feeling, even with their Ghost Kitchens stuff, that it'd probably be best to exit with one of the next bounces up) if the train doesn't leave the station in premarket Monday morning. I'll decide for sure tomorrow.

I know OPES said a binding vote would be end of June but need to see some financials. With COVID rampant it’s going to be tough on any chain to grow. Has me thinking they BF might wait a year. I will happily jump back in at a higher price if it’s a go and financials look solid like FMCI/TC.

The rumors on GRAF look interesting too.

Futures are actually green... Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Only thing I can figure is the lead up to July 4th stuff I was hearing from someone (wasn't his idea, but another's).

Futures are actually green... Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Only thing I can figure is the lead up to July 4th stuff I was hearing from someone (wasn't his idea, but another's).
Fed has easily propped this market above 25,000..I just think people feel comfortable trading and running it up off of that level. It’s the new floor compliments of the Fed.

IDEX...wow, amazing how many people got owned on this.

Ideanomics (NASDAQ: IDEX) ("Ideanomics" or the "Company") today announced a response to the recent short-selling communications from J Capital and Hindenburg. According to their websites, these companies take short positions in publicly traded companies then disseminate very negative reports on these companies. "After consultation with our legal counsel, we believe these communications, marketed as research are illegal or have been banned in many countries, but continue to operate in the grey areas of financial regulatory law in the United States," said Alf Poor, CEO of Ideanomics. Below are Ideanomics' initial response to the allegations published in these reports:

-- J Capital alleged that Ideanomics does not have sufficient cash to fund operations for more than three months. This statement can easily be reconciled from the Company's recent series of filings of form 424B2 with the SEC, which clearly shows the company has raised capital in recent weeks and months.

-- Hindenburg Research alleged that Ideanomics claims to own and operate a large-scale facility in Qingdao for its MEG division sales and that their investigators have been on-site and claim MEG does not have a presence there. Ideanomics has never claimed or disclosed ownership of the site. It holds a 15-year rent-free agreement which was signed by Ideanomics in Nov. 2019 and has since provided images to show its participation at the site. Hindenburg Research disseminated social media content regarding their conversation with MEG partner's sales staff with auto dealers at this site. We have since obtained statements from these staff members that refute Hindenburg's claims.

-- J Capital has alleged it made inquiries with the local Qingdao city investment group for the Chengyang business district - Qingdao Chengyang Xinyang Investment Co. Ltd - and that they have no knowledge of Ideanomics or its MEG division. Ideanomics is providing government-issued registration of the venture with our Company, which is a matter of public record in China. Furthermore, the city investment entity has released details of its interest in the ventures, including a recent RMB 50 Million investment received by the Company in January 2020, as part of a potential series of investments, and recent media coverage in the People's Republic of China corroborates this.

-- J Capital further alleges that it has inquired with recent deals signed by Ideanomics MEG division, and its subsidiaries, and that these companies deny having a business relationship with our Company. We have contacted each of the partners and they have provided statements confirming their business relationships with our Company, and have each applied their respective company seal for authenticity, in order to refute those claims entirely. These partners include Tianjin Zhongcheng order for 42 units of Toyota Land Cruiser, Jiudao Group for 400 units of Aoxin X30L EV, Beijing Silk Road Rainbow, and Qinou Group order of 200 units of Dong Feng Liuzhou S50EV for the City of Neijiang, Sichuan.

Detailed documentary proof to support Ideanomics response to these allegations can be viewed on the Company's corporate website at https://ideanomics.com/short-selling-activity/

The Company will continue to provide additional material it believes is required to refute the claims made by J Capital and Hindenburg and their sponsors.

Should have waited a little bit to sell OPES. I got it at $16.60 but could have as high as $16.90. Oh well... $670 off your first swing trade when you're being careful is not bad.

Now to watch VXRT like a hawk (even though I'll do a stop here). Just 100 shares at $9.25 there. Probably not going to hold beyond the week in this case so hopefully it can move.

Should have waited a little bit to sell OPES. I got it at $16.60 but could have as high as $16.90. Oh well... $670 off your first swing trade when you're being careful is not bad.

Now to watch VXRT like a hawk (even though I'll do a stop here). Just 100 shares at $9.25 there. Probably not going to hold beyond the week in this case so hopefully it can move.

I’m holding VXRT through this week and maybe longer. Lots of catalysts coming up soon with it. CLHI is now starting to move as well, could be close to filings and the merger with the way it has been trading recently.

The folks piling in SHLL need to chill lol. Sad thing is I had eyes on it and saw it when it was at $15.78, but if I decide to keep going with potential spec swings going forward I'd prefer to keep it at 1-2 instead of multiple and not pile in.

Edit: Think I'm just going to get out of VXRT probably. I liked the idea of it because it's a pill vaccine, but they would have to move quickly to be the winner on the COVID vaccine. There's the potential of a buyout by JNJ and work on things with the flu, but I kind of changed my mind (impatience being part of the reason).

Edit2: I'm out. GL to all in VXRT...sad thing is it happened again like it did with OPES, had I waited one measly minute I could have gotten a better price. Since it's a major green day I'm up anyway.

Last edited:
Here's another SPAC to keep an eye on, hasn't fully taken off yet.

I have an eye on it, if it cools off some more today I might consider jumping in.

Another is NFIN. It's merging with Triterras, who is a leader in commodity trading and generated over $4.1 billion of transaction volume, $87 million in EBITDA and $46 million in net income on a consolidated basis.

Glad I sold OPES last week after seeing it tank the past couple of days. But it’s almost fine to get back in.

I almost perfectly timed my OPES sell. One more day and putting the sell order at $18 or maybe a touch lower would've been perfect. Still, as I said, $670 ain't too bad (unless you end up watching a DEAC/DKNG like move, which I'm not really sure happens).

Still watching LCA like I was yesterday.

Edit: Well I was going to start a small position but this bad boy has a 70% maintenance requirement? ?‍♀️ Forget that.

Last edited:
Needless to say, today wasn't all that hard to predict. I knew jobs reports was going to beat projections again. Major green unless some big players decide to take profits before the 3 day holiday, and even if they do it should still be solidly green.

Future days might be murkier, but for today the stock market says Happy early Independence Day.

Back