• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I think that one of the reasons the Dow has been struggling recently is that it is pricing in the increased chance that the Dems win the Presidency as well as the Senate based on recent polling.

Naaa, besides when Democrats are in charge the market has historically been better.

There are some things that we might see done eventually (as I can't see it in 2021) that might be harmful to the stock market at first (corporate tax for example) if you were to see Democrats assume the White House and Senate, but looking at the pattern of the market in the past, and comparing to what I've experienced first hand, I think I'd much rather see steady moves than the wildness we've seen, and the moves were steady in the recent past (looking at like 2010-2016).

Although I will say last year wasn't bad though.

I would apparently potentially have an issue if Elizabeth Warren were to actually be the proposed treasury secretary though which I saw rumored (my dad might not like it as well as he strongly dislikes her). I intend on eventually being able to work, but I like the idea of investing money and being able to gain off that too, and apparently if she were the treasurer she'd be an issue.

Last edited:
VXRT...in at $9.5 for 300 shares. Geez I hope this goes to $15 today.

I'm in this one as well but at a higher price of $11.65 or so. It is holding steady right now, hopefully we get a surge up this afternoon. I know Monday it should be listed on the Russell 3000 index so that might bring in a new wave of buying.

IDEX...wow, amazing how many people got owned on this.

It’s a mess in the market. I sold off all but 2 holdings. Just holding FMCI and VXRT. Even sold OPES at $15.79...was in at $13.50’ish. It can’t get any momentum and looks like it will drop below $15. Figure the vote is next week so will know what if it’s a go.

Have a stop limit sell in for VXRT at $7.90. Hard to believe it’s dropped this much today. It’s a big loss.

It’s a mess in the market. I sold off all but 2 holdings. Just holding FMCI and VXRT. Even sold OPES at $15.79...was in at $13.50’ish. It can’t get any momentum and looks like it will drop below $15. Figure the vote is next week so will know what if it’s a go.

Have a stop limit sell in for VXRT at $7.90. Hard to believe it’s dropped this much today. It’s a big loss.

You think VXRT will go back up Monday? I’m still holding it but it is down a good bit from where I bought it.

You think VXRT will go back up Monday? I’m still holding it but it is down a good bit from where I bought it.

I do, if it can hold $.7.90. The shorts absolutely destroyed it today...I would think it bumps up after hours and Monday. But, if it breaches $7.90 there is nothing stopping it from going to $5.

They are the only covid vaccine selected for Trumps warp speed program that is in oral form. If they can deliver I can't imagine what this stock would go to....if this had not been such a down day on the market overall, and on a Friday, end of the quarter approaching, holiday week this would have been in the teens IMO.

I do, if it can hold $.7.90. The shorts absolutely destroyed it today...I would think it bumps up after hours and Monday. But, if it breaches $7.90 there is nothing stopping it from going to $5.

They are the only covid vaccine selected for Trumps warp speed program that is in oral form. If they can deliver I can't imagine what this stock would go to....if this had not been such a down day on the market overall, and on a Friday, end of the quarter approaching, holiday week this would have been in the teens IMO.

Well it hit $7.89 and then bounced off that. Did it trigger your stop loss? I’m going to hold into next week... good or bad.

Well it hit $7.89 and then bounced off that. Did it trigger your stop loss? I’m going to hold into next week... good or bad.

No, stop losses don't trigger AH's. I was watching it...shorts smelled blood in the water and gave it everything it have. Look at that selling pressure at the close. Insane, they were going for the throat...sweep the leg. Good thing is that cleared out a lot of stop limit so there should be some buying on Monday. Assuming the market doesn't drop 700 points again.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 4.12.10 PM.png

No, stop losses don't trigger AH's. I was watching it...shorts smelled blood in the water and gave it everything it have. Look at that selling pressure at the close. Insane, they were going for the throat...sweep the leg. Good thing is that cleared out a lot of stop limit so there should be some buying on Monday. Assuming the market doesn't drop 700 points again.

View attachment 43398

I noticed this AM the halt really killed the momentum as well, it was steadily up and then as soon as it was halted due to volatility it began to shift from mainly buys to sell orders. Since this is a covid play with all this great news lately you would think it would recover nicely on Monday... at least that is my hope. Going to make a rule for myself not to buy stocks on Friday lol.

I noticed this AM the halt really killed the momentum as well, it was steadily up and then as soon as it was halted due to volatility it began to shift from mainly buys to sell orders. Since this is a covid play with all this great news lately you would think it would recover nicely on Monday... at least that is my hope. Going to make a rule for myself not to buy stocks on Friday lol.

Yeah, me too. I had no intention of buying this or really anything today but when I saw the news pre-market and it was below $10 I thought for sure it would be in the $12-$13 range...not fighting for it's life at $7.90. Tough way to start the weekend....though I did close out some positions at a good time today.

I did just average down so currently at $8.65 cost average.

Grabbed the dip into the mid .50’s late this afternoon when the DOW broke below 25,000.. one of my better trade executions. This is a chart fundamentals play with chance for an oil catalyst on the way up. Jimmy like. Jimmy really like 6B2A1E9A-F2D0-455A-AAA3-4066D9B6764E.jpeg

Good move, it’s rallying nicely in AH! I averaged down some as well down to $10.53 so still a ways to go. Hopefully Monday brings a big pop.

Saw this nugget too...this affects APT too.

The one-week stock surge was in part driven by news on Wednesday that Vaxart would be added to the broad-market Russell 3000 index, effective Monday. The news sent the stock higher by 20% as traders looked to front-run the Russell 3000 rebalance set to take place next week.

May try to hop in VXRT (for a quicker swing trade than OPES probably lol, I'm getting the feeling, even with their Ghost Kitchens stuff, that it'd probably be best to exit with one of the next bounces up) if the train doesn't leave the station in premarket Monday morning. I'll decide for sure tomorrow.

Back