• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Stock Market

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Hopefully this is true, but if it's not and volume stays low, I'll end up losing 0 on what was supposed to be a long swing (now actual supposed to be longs, I suspect will be hurting for a while)...

Doing my research and charts right now, expect one more sizable drop this week. FMCI should bottom out around $14-$14.25 and OPES will touch mid $13's again. Bash me if you want, but when FMCI was at $15.50 earlier today I said stop losses between $14.50-14.75 will be raided... sure enough an hour later $14.60 hit and the back up to $15.50ish. One more stop loss trigger coming and then the gradual climb back up officially begins. I'll be waiting for FMCI at $14.25 with a 10,000 common buy and hopefully $3.35 warrants. Remember folks, SPAC's are not a continual climb from the day LOI comes out due to about a 2-3 month merger process. Sudden surge which establishes a baseline for what to expect pre-merger. If this follows all other SPAC's, we will see $20 again once the merger date gets announced. Typically there is then 3-4 weeks between that announcement and the actual date... this is when the climb over $20+ begins

Some good is in stocktwits if you do some looking, but it's also so cesspool-y. Unless you're day trading or doing shorter term swing trading, the best thing to do is batten down instead of complain or say people are losing you money. You only lose if you sell. I can be impatient as well, but today I decided to take a breather on being so focused in, and although it didn't help my mood, it was for the good that I did.

KyloG

Reaction score
Hopefully this is true, but if it's not and volume stays low, I'll end up losing 0 on what was supposed to be a long swing (now actual supposed to be longs, I suspect will be hurting for a while)...

Doing my research and charts right now, expect one more sizable drop this week. FMCI should bottom out around $14-$14.25 and OPES will touch mid $13's again. Bash me if you want, but when FMCI was at $15.50 earlier today I said stop losses between $14.50-14.75 will be raided... sure enough an hour later $14.60 hit and the back up to $15.50ish. One more stop loss trigger coming and then the gradual climb back up officially begins. I'll be waiting for FMCI at $14.25 with a 10,000 common buy and hopefully $3.35 warrants. Remember folks, SPAC's are not a continual climb from the day LOI comes out due to about a 2-3 month merger process. Sudden surge which establishes a baseline for what to expect pre-merger. If this follows all other SPAC's, we will see $20 again once the merger date gets announced. Typically there is then 3-4 weeks between that announcement and the actual date... this is when the climb over $20+ begins

Some good is in stocktwits if you do some looking, but it's also so cesspool-y. Unless you're day trading or doing shorter term swing trading, the best thing to do is batten down instead of complain or say people are losing you money. You only lose if you sell. I can be impatient as well, but today I decided to take a breather on being so focused in, and although it didn't help my mood, it was for the good that I did.
Agreed! Looking at the 4 hour chart this will be the 3rd time with this cycle. Only thing that gives me pause is end of quarter and holiday week coming up. Thinking 2nd week of July this starts moving up.

Even with the short term pain, this is a bullish chart..knock on wood.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.06.59 AM.png

KyloG

Reaction score
OPES is the same thing...needs to bounce of $14 though. This drops to low $13's I would be really concerned.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.10.40 AM.png

KyloG

Reaction score
I swear these shorts...was in on APT at $15.50...it opened about $20 this morning, I put in a limit sell at $17.49 and it tripped. Now it popped back up $18.50. So frustrating.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.44.46 AM.png

KyloG

Reaction score

Good call! I guess your limit's hit and great timing. I had my buy order ready to go to add more when it breached $15 and then I blinked and it was at $16.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Good call! I guess your limit's hit and great timing. I had my buy order ready to go to add more when it breached $15 and then I blinked and it was at $16.
Nah it was something I read on Stock Twits yesterday (edit: I read for entertainment mostly). About 80-90% of that site is garbage but occasionally you get good info, and it looks like that chart reading was good info.

I'm still in too because I had my limit at $13.25. At least should be because mine wasn't market.

Edit2: Just checked to verify and I am still in. The next stop would be for a binding LOI to be announced and since there's a low float it could pop with that.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
LMAO I went for a walk and when I came back we had gone from basically flat to up +220 when I was back. 💀

I asked why and my dad said "Cause 'hisname' is #1". That is about as good of an explanation for anything happening these days.

KyloG

Reaction score
VXRT...in at $9.5 for 300 shares. Geez I hope this goes to $15 today.

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
I think that one of the reasons the Dow has been struggling recently is that it is pricing in the increased chance that the Dems win the Presidency as well as the Senate based on recent polling.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I think that one of the reasons the Dow has been struggling recently is that it is pricing in the increased chance that the Dems win the Presidency as well as the Senate based on recent polling.
That's one reason why I think the defensive sector has struggled some as well (another reason is Boeing working on 737 recertification)...but what I find funny is a democratic takeover doesn't exactly concern me there for the very long term even if it might mean defensive budget cuts initially.

Edit: Should add that everything is struggling right now. I thought the Texas/Florida news came before the final bell yesterday (might be wrong), but the news is also hearing that the coronavirus task force is speaking again and talking about potentially doing different measures.

Last edited:

Steven_1974

Reaction score
Naaa, besides when Democrats are in charge the market has historically been better.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
There are some things that we might see done eventually (as I can't see it in 2021) that might be harmful to the stock market at first (corporate tax for example) if you were to see Democrats assume the White House and Senate, but looking at the pattern of the market in the past, and comparing to what I've experienced first hand, I think I'd much rather see steady moves than the wildness we've seen, and the moves were steady in the recent past (looking at like 2010-2016).

Although I will say last year wasn't bad though.

I would apparently potentially have an issue if Elizabeth Warren were to actually be the proposed treasury secretary though which I saw rumored (my dad might not like it as well as he strongly dislikes her). I intend on eventually being able to work, but I like the idea of investing money and being able to gain off that too, and apparently if she were the treasurer she'd be an issue.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Reaction score
VXRT...in at $9.5 for 300 shares. Geez I hope this goes to $15 today.

I'm in this one as well but at a higher price of $11.65 or so. It is holding steady right now, hopefully we get a surge up this afternoon. I know Monday it should be listed on the Russell 3000 index so that might bring in a new wave of buying.

KyloG

Reaction score
IDEX...wow, amazing how many people got owned on this.

KyloG

Reaction score
It’s a mess in the market. I sold off all but 2 holdings. Just holding FMCI and VXRT. Even sold OPES at $15.79...was in at $13.50’ish. It can’t get any momentum and looks like it will drop below $15. Figure the vote is next week so will know what if it’s a go.

Have a stop limit sell in for VXRT at $7.90. Hard to believe it’s dropped this much today. It’s a big loss.

snowlover91

Reaction score
It’s a mess in the market. I sold off all but 2 holdings. Just holding FMCI and VXRT. Even sold OPES at $15.79...was in at $13.50’ish. It can’t get any momentum and looks like it will drop below $15. Figure the vote is next week so will know what if it’s a go.

Have a stop limit sell in for VXRT at $7.90. Hard to believe it’s dropped this much today. It’s a big loss.
You think VXRT will go back up Monday? I’m still holding it but it is down a good bit from where I bought it.

KyloG

Reaction score
You think VXRT will go back up Monday? I’m still holding it but it is down a good bit from where I bought it.
I do, if it can hold $.7.90. The shorts absolutely destroyed it today...I would think it bumps up after hours and Monday. But, if it breaches $7.90 there is nothing stopping it from going to $5.

They are the only covid vaccine selected for Trumps warp speed program that is in oral form. If they can deliver I can't imagine what this stock would go to....if this had not been such a down day on the market overall, and on a Friday, end of the quarter approaching, holiday week this would have been in the teens IMO.

snowlover91

Reaction score
I do, if it can hold $.7.90. The shorts absolutely destroyed it today...I would think it bumps up after hours and Monday. But, if it breaches $7.90 there is nothing stopping it from going to $5.

They are the only covid vaccine selected for Trumps warp speed program that is in oral form. If they can deliver I can't imagine what this stock would go to....if this had not been such a down day on the market overall, and on a Friday, end of the quarter approaching, holiday week this would have been in the teens IMO.
Well it hit $7.89 and then bounced off that. Did it trigger your stop loss? I’m going to hold into next week... good or bad.