• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

So everyone pretty much down about 20% in there retirement/investment accounts. In 2008 I was able to shift money quicker into cash and weathered that one better. This time I completely dropped the ball.
I'm off about 8%. I missed some of the run-up earlier in the year and had a lot of cash sitting on the sidelines because things were so distorted on the upside.

So everyone pretty much down about 20% in there retirement/investment accounts. In 2008 I was able to shift money quicker into cash and weathered that one better. This time I completely dropped the ball.
Luckily I shifted mine to 20% stocks (instead of 90% I was at) back when dow was still around 29k. Still down about 9% though.

Kitco is showing gold down $7 now to $1617. Not sure why the discrepancy. Maybe it's two different futures contracts. Anyway, the commercial hedges have been decreasing their short positions for gold and silver, even as the prices have risen over the last week. That's a good sign. Also, the metals are going for pretty significant premiums over spot, if you can find them. I'm hearing lots of dealers are sold out or are almost sold out. There are also dislocations in the paper markets. I think all of this points to higher prices at some point down the line.

Jnug up and Boeing is tanking . Looks like I’ll be buying more Boeing this week as the slide continues

fcffa0b1a770229bbd15771a3edf2b38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see how long/if the highs are tested again. Took 6-7 years for the .com bubble and 5 years for the housing bubble. This situation wasn't triggered by a bubble but the effects are so far-reaching. We don't have any idea how many businesses will go under, how many jobs will be lost...will people stop traveling/vacationing for a few years. I'm sure there are so many things I'm not thinking of. There are far more important things right now than this with the loss of lives so don't think I'm diminishing what's really important.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 9.43.10 AM.png

Everything they can do, still not enough. Really makes you see how the rigged system is and who's to big to fail lol

Back