• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

But when it goes back up to 70 or 80 I’ll make more money.long term goals .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a good plan, if the Middle East doesn't completely implode, China decides to make a move there and then we have the nightmare scenario..

The "stable" countries over there can't survive very long without their primary source of income which is oil, all their other plans for income are out the window with the world being shutdown.

Hope and pray for the best..

It's a good plan, if the Middle East doesn't completely implode, China decides to make a move there and then we have the nightmare scenario..

The "stable" countries over there can't survive very long without their primary source of income which is oil, all their other plans for income are out the window with the world being shutdown.

Hope and pray for the best..

We will be fine. No depression will happen. It’s going to suck for a lot of people but we will rebound and be even better in a few months.

ummm this article is a bit scary....RIP US oil industry

Citi: $5 oil is possible. Citigroup laid out a pessimistic scenario in which WTI falls to $5 per barrel. Energy Aspects said Brent could fall to $10. Mizuho Securities said some oil could even fall into negative territory absent shale shut-ins. “This is Operation Desert Storm, Enron, 9/11, Hurricane Katrina/Rita, Lehman Bros, combined,” Stephen Schork, president of the energy consultancy Schork Group Inc., told Bloomberg
We definitely DO NOT want $5.00 oil...It sounds great but would really not be good...Too many lost jobs + the ripple effect

Edit: Bump

Last edited:
I think the S&P is going to 2000 during the next leg down. Thats another -15% from here. Institutional buying at 2300 has been strong but I think that breaks soon. From everything I've gathered over the weekend we are not prepared for this in any way. Goldman, JP are guessing at GDP #'s. I'm taking a position in SPXU (3x inverse leverage). If S&P goes up, I'll buy more.

Until all the states are shut down for a couple weeks and testing significantly increases we dont even know what we're dealing with. Way too much uncertainty out there. As soon as we get a little oil pop I'm moving out of energy too.

You're going to see the market move up ahead of news, but if it looks like the new med cocktail is effective, then cover your shorts, baby.

This will go over like a lead balloon for the markets. Keep in mind that the Great Depression unemployment at its very peak was 25% (& it took nearly 4 years to get there), sure this won't last anywhere near as long but it's going to be nothing short of absolutely brutal the next several months.

What’s the play tomorrow morning?
For the stocks now in penny land due to the virus....TNXP buy at $.75 if you can & CPE buy at $.35 if you can...JMO

Edit: Might not be able to get either one that cheap...I wouldn't consider either a long term hold right now

Edit Part Deaux: Also, might want to look at NOG...Another energy play...Currently $.73

Last edited:
Only took about 7 five minutes for the markets to open limit down. So much for the markets moving up ahead of news...

Even on the really bad days the last several weeks, it usually took at least a few-several hours or right up to opening bell for the markets to open limit down. The fact that we hit limit down this quickly is a bad omen. The fact that a coronavirus deal hasn't been struck yet in congress plus having a big whig in the federal reserve coming out and saying that unemployment may end up being worse than the Great Depression for a sizable portion of this year really made investors lose all and any confidence.

Even on the really bad days the last several weeks, it usually took at least a few-several hours or right up to opening bell for the markets to open limit down. The fact that we hit limit down this quickly is a bad omen. The fact that a coronavirus deal hasn't been struck yet in congress plus having a big whig in the federal reserve coming out and saying that unemployment may end up being worse than the Great Depression for a sizable portion of this year really made investors lose all and any confidence.
buy, buy, buy ... med, tech, staple and service industries

Except how is anyone supposed to know which companies or industries are even going to stay afloat during this crisis? You're basically throwing money away and even a bailout (or two) may not be enough to save some companies or entire industries from complete collapse. Don't worry though, it's probably only gonna get much worse later next week when oil prices fall thru the basement as Saudi Arabia & Russia amp up crude production

Oh I’m definitely buying tomorrow regardless of how the market does . I’ll buy like crazy over the next month and ride the storm . Cause once we correct it’s boom goes the dynamite regardless of takes 6-12 months or longer

Oh I’m definitely buying tomorrow regardless of how the market does . I’ll buy like crazy over the next month and ride the storm . Cause once we correct it’s boom goes the dynamite regardless of takes 6-12 months or longer

We likely won't hit bottom until next month or even May, patience is a virtue...

Back