• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Well just waiting to verify bank account then I’m on board the southernwx stock train
Is setting up a free options trading good idea
I did this once, $1500 I'll never see again..... heck I don't even remember the name of it to see if it's still in existence. Used to be Thec or tnec or something along those lines on the exchange, was an oil exploration company that kept digging dry wells in Ak. Bought 1k shares at just a little over $1 each, friend of mine who had great success doing this very thing told me it was sure to get back to $10.... it dropped to .07 and never recovered. Be careful my friend

I did this once, $1500 I'll never see again..... heck I don't even remember the name of it to see if it's still in existence. Used to be Thec or tnec or something along those lines on the exchange, was an oil exploration company that kept digging dry wells in Ak. Bought 1k shares at just a little over $1 each, friend of mine who had great success doing this very thing told me it was sure to get back to $10.... it dropped to .07 and never recovered. Be careful my friend

Yes I would suggest to open a account and only put a few hundred in. Play around for a quarter and learn. I let the suits with handle the big stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I would suggest to open a account and only put a few hundred in. Play around for a quarter and learn. I let the suits with handle the big stuff.

I just wish I could remember the name of the company to see what eventually happened, I think they were bought out or went under completely.... we're talking almost 20 yrs ago so

I’ve gone all in on the nam before so this is a small risk in comparison

Good advice. Anyone who has studied or followed penny stocks knows that much of the “news” items put out on penny stock companies is actually merely just PRs that the companies, themselves, put together and are quite often merely fake news to allow for a “pump and dump”:

These “news release” PRs will make it look like a company is doing real things, but often there is no real company at all and instead merely one or a couple of stockholders just looking to “dump” their shares right after the “pump” causes a sudden rise.

These fake news PRs often take advantage of the then current big news such as epidemics. So, in the current case, be very wary of fake news from penny stick companies “touting” a cure or vaccine for the virus. It is sad that certain folks will take advantage of others like this. You’d think these things wouldn’t occur due to the SEC watching over, but unfortunately the SEC has missed a whole lot of these. If they are caught, it is often too late to prevent speculators from losing their money to pump and dump schemes.

How do I know about these? Sadly, I lost money on a few of these in the year 2000 when I was naive and believed many of these PRs because I figured the SEC wouldn’t allow for fake news. Back then, penny stock trading chat rooms were often used to tout these fake companies. Perhaps today it is done differently (maybe through Facebook??). I don’t know. But never again as I haven’t even touched a penny stock in nearly 20 years. I lost, but I didn’t lose the lesson.

Last edited:
LOL...I was the lucky holder of ENRON back in the day....It can turn ugly in a hurry...You live & learn

I can’t stay away from Boeing . Just bought more . Good grief just last Friday Boeing was around 170

Ok boys, all in on CPE. Now it's going to tank. Sorry. :(

Also bought a few shares of DAL, CSX, GFI, AG, DIS, SAND, WPM, and F.

Back