• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

It will be crazy if "only" 1 million people die from this virus and all stocks end up down 50%. Makes you think the market was just one event away from crashing no matter the event

Jimmy futures are down , maybe we can get CPE for mid 30s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol ?

this will be one to watch tomorrow

“Nano cap Applied DNA Sciences (APDN+121.1%) is the latest tiny company to enjoy a COVID-19-related pop. In this case, in response to its announcement that Italy's Ministry of Health has signed off on a preclinical trial of a COVID-19 vaccine candidate (one of four) that the company is jointly developing with collaboration partner Takis Biotech.”

This news hit as markets closed earlier

A couple things to consider

A) Trump is giving his presser before lunchtime tomorrow which means this will be GOOD news for the markets. If it were bad he would wait until late in the day.
B) when he comes out speaking of big money bailouts, which companies stocks are going to explode? Airlines and hotels have been hinted at for a while.

What will go boom tomorrow after talks of bailouts and stimulus checks to the American people?

A couple things to consider

A) Trump is giving his presser before lunchtime tomorrow which means this will be GOOD news for the markets. If it were bad he would wait until late in the day.
B) when he comes out speaking of big money bailouts, which companies stocks are going to explode? Airlines and hotels have been hinted at for a while.

What will go boom tomorrow after talks of bailouts and stimulus checks to the American people?
Maybe Boeing

Ok so if I am going to jump into the stocks market. I gather use Robinhood? Then stick to what stocks? For a beginner

Ok so if I am going to jump into the stocks market. I gather use Robinhood? Then stick to what stocks? For a beginner
There is no "stick to this stock" right now. Everything is in free fall.. maybe you can pick one and get lucky. If you are in for long run then just stick money in VOO or SPY, but you will likely see losses before gains. Im sure there are some individual stocks that have short term upside but who knows what they will be.

If you have the balls put money in disney, apple, Microsoft, or tesla, all crushed right now but have significant upside. Or just bet on cruise stocks and hope for best lol

There is no "stick to this stock" right now. Everything is in free fall.. maybe you can pick one and get lucky. If you are in for long run then just stick money in VOO or SPY, but you will likely see losses before gains. Im sure there are some individual stocks that have short term upside but who knows what they will be.

If you have the balls put money in disney, apple, Microsoft, or tesla, all crushed right now but have significant upside. Or just bet on cruise stocks and hope for best lol
So when I join Robinhood they offer a free stock Apple Ford

Replace Tesla with Googl/Goog (Alphabet/Google) and you have a good list. First three you have named are blue chips but Tesla holds humongous risk to me. It was probably overvalued to begin with last fall and it's a one company that doesn't belong with the others deal.

I would take the Apple offer.

Replace Tesla with Googl/Goog (Alphabet/Google) and you have a good list. First three you have named are blue chips but Tesla holds humongous risk to me. It was probably overvalued to begin with last fall and it's a one company that doesn't belong with the others deal.

I would take the Apple offer.
I told people to short Tesla at $950.

Well just waiting to verify bank account then I’m on board the southernwx stock train
Is setting up a free options trading good idea

CPE up 8% premarket along with crude oil.

Interesting list here that includes Callon along with other energy companies that have been hardest hit by the combo of covid-19 and oil wars.

Also, Callon's press release from this week if you haven't seen it:

HOUSTON, March 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE: CPE) today provided an update on its 2020 development program, prioritizing free cash flow and financial flexibility in 2020 and beyond. The revised plan accounts for recent changes in the macroeconomic outlook, including the following highlights.

Full disclaimer. I do own this. DCA in yesterday between .44 - .40. Cost basis .42. At this time it is a medium term trade for me 6 months to 1 year.

Last edited:
459c6f3e1af4116d9301f04515ff5106.jpg

I’ve had a small auto investment account for about a year where I don’t do anything and the computer does it for me. This is what I have right now.

Back