• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I kind of want to buy Delta and add some Ford. What railroad would be good? I want to add some shipping too, but I haven't researched shipping companies. Only one I remember off the cuff is Dry Ships. But I got to think the energy sector is really offering some good deals. Drilling, exploration, processing, etc. I mean XOM ain't going out of business.

XOM is good, I have CSX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of want to buy Delta and add some Ford. What railroad would be good? I want to add some shipping too, but I haven't researched shipping companies. Only one I remember off the cuff is Dry Ships. But I got to think the energy sector is really offering some good deals. Drilling, exploration, processing, etc. I mean XOM ain't going out of business.
Exxon is really enticing. Great dividend yield too I think. I think a lot of people are looking for some fast money too. Which is out there. Got to make some good calls though. Check this out. These idiots got rich 74CD93FC-F7A3-445F-9DD6-56ABF6EE7C1D.jpeg

Moved to from 70% bonds 30% stock to 30% bonds and 70% stocks today. Even if we are not at the bottom I’m good buying back in now. I’m in for the long haul 20-25more years so I’m optimistic the free fall might be over. Not enough to go full on back in but wading in the shallow end now.

That’s the thing. The upside is huge. $5 a share in a steady market peaking above $25 when supply is really short. I think Callon has been around since the 50’s so they’ve weathered some storms before. I’m tempted to pick up another 2200 shares tomorrow. Need to avoid bankruptcy. That’s it

You got an extra $11K just sitting around collecting dust? LOL

Just keep in mind great dividend yields today may not be there tomorrow; go into it with eyes wide open. Right now we're basically in un-charted territory; there hasn't been a global shutdown like this many if any of us have actually seen..

The only risk that would come from airline stocks right now is if the bailout would mean that shareholders get wiped out and the companies IPO again (or the bankruptcy, but I'm almost certain they get a bailout), otherwise they're definitely a long term buy as they should all be fine in the long haul. I should probably do some dollar cost averaging with Delta stocks but I'm not sure because do we know what they're going to do with the bailout?

If I keep looking at CPE, I swear I'm probably going to place an order for that stock myself. Cheap compared to what it was, oil will stay around for at least another decade (edit), and it should go up when the stuff with Russia/Saudi Arabia stops.

Last edited:
One thing y’all will want to consider when investing is the overall cash flow, debt ratio, etc of stocks before investing in them. Companies with a ton of debt will be risky in these key industries being impacted. You want a company with a healthy cash flow and minimal debt imo. Those usually bounce back the quickest and have the best chance of surviving.

Back