• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

10 mutations in the spike protein binding site, delta has 2 mutations in the binding site. The market always knows…privileged info makes its way to the market earlier than we get news, this is not good. OR it’s panic on low liquidity and leverage unwinding. Which one is it?

I don't understand...the market didn't react to delta like this...what does the market know about this variant that is so scary? I don't get it...

MRNA market cap up $27billion today and their vaccines are, supposedly, ineffective against the virus strain thats scaring the market today. How do you even invest properly these days?

MRNA market cap up $27billion today and their vaccines are, supposedly, ineffective against the virus strain thats scaring the market today. How do you even invest properly these days?
No clue...this is such a momentum market totally disconnected from the economy and doesn't trade on fundamentals. Army of retail folks that only knows if you buy the dip, buy OTM calls you will make a ton of money.

Think that's just speculation at this point.
I get that but if the vaccines were working why would the US market care at all about a new virus strain? I can’t make sense of it. Maybe they’re banking on increased fear due to the new strain and thus more booster shots will be sold here regardless of effectiveness in the next quarter?

I get that but if the vaccines were working why would the US market care at all about a new virus strain? I can’t make sense of it. Maybe they’re banking on increased fear due to the new strain and thus more booster shots will be sold here regardless of effectiveness in the next quarter?
The vaccines are working very well vs death/serious illness. No one knows on this variant. I read that they can tweak these mrna vaccines very quickly to adjust for variants (problem is long trials required). But yes market could be betting on additional vaccines.

S&P futs with a big engulfing red candle. This doesn't inspire confidence to finish the year but it seems like every time the markets are about to fall off a cliff buyers come racing in. It's been 20 months since tech or S&P have touched there 200dema. I expect a rally into Xmas...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.12.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.12.13 PM.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 3
This little spec bio was my one winner in a sea of red. A buddy recommended at $2 and I didn't buy it until today at $2.35

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.15.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 1.15.46 PM.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 9
I'm guessing that we gap down on Sunday night/Monday morning and then reverse...I don't see the S&P going lower than the September ATH.

If I'm wrong, then I will most likely be wrong about the 10/14 gap up not filling completely for a while, and I suspect 4290 would fail even if it is that mythical 200-day moving average that hasn't been touched for a while. It was a support area 3 times in October, and every time support is hit, it weakens. I think a 4th time would fail and you'd probably at least see 4100.

What will also be interesting on Monday is how bonds and oil move. That oil move was seriously cray, and a good reason why we probably need to see what happens on Monday.

Futures have decided Omicron is a beta -----. Up bigly.
I think they overacted on Friday. Even if Omicron evades antibodies more than Beta and makes the vaccine less effective against infection, the T-cells should be good. I've seen studies that it's impossible for COVID to evade T-cells through mutations.

Back