• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Tech weekly chart...last fall we got that 2nd pullback after the big one....this past spring we got the 2nd pullback in early May....will we get a second pullback to start Q4?

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.56.08 AM.png

Man I hope MVIS gets back down to $1 again. I'm going to load the boat. I really want to believe in theor tech and direction, but it so feels like one of those scam companies to me where they always do offerings on pops and where the big "deal" or product launch is always juuuuust around the corner. Maybe one day.
I'm with you here. Having traded all the nasty pinks over the years this has been following that playbook to a T. Which is ok I know that game. Wouldn't be surprised if there's another ATM, I mean they have to generate money because they aren't generating revenue. But I've been eyeing January levels for my re-entry, looks like we are there now though.

Last edited:
You'd think that the most important NDX stock being down more than 3.5% would cause more than a gap down in NDX that gets bought. I sort of figured that this was going to happen, but it's still something to see.

I still think it pauses though, but then I didn't think it was going to set a record high this week. I'm thinking more a 3% drop though that may have started.

Man I hope MVIS gets back down to $1 again. I'm going to load the boat. I really want to believe in theor tech and direction, but it so feels like one of those scam companies to me where they always do offerings on pops and where the big "deal" or product launch is always juuuuust around the corner. Maybe one day.
I would fish somewhere else. It should go back up sometime, but, I believe you can find better

You'd think that the most important NDX stock being down more than 3.5% would cause more than a gap down in NDX that gets bought. I sort of figured that this was going to happen, but it's still something to see.

I still think it pauses though, but then I didn't think it was going to set a record high this week. I'm thinking more a 3% drop though that may have started.
Every stock in the index could verge on bankruptcy and the index would still be bought. I know you don't really want to discuss anything, but until CBS cease with their easy money policies, that is the way it's going to be.

Every stock in the index could verge on bankruptcy and the index would still be bought. I know you don't really want to discuss anything, but until CBS cease with their easy money policies, that is the way it's going to be.

I can't rationalize tech (QQQ) being up 150% over a 3yr period. S&P up 90% over that same period. Valuations have become so historically high that I don't know what this market even trades around anymore. Seems like the mm's, tutes, are so good at keeping the indexes up by rotating money and with job market so strong people just keep pouring money into with IRA/401k/529. All anyone knows if you buy a S&P based ETF you will make 20% over the next 12 months, andy why shouldn't they.

I don't know what's going to bring down this market...banks are strong many companies are thriving. Even if the Fed raises rates I only see that as a temp downturn and the market will continue going right back up.

One more rant...I can't rationalize Tesla. Ford just reported $39B in quarterly rev, raised guidance and has a $65B market cap. Tesla reported $13B in rev and has a $1.2Trillion market cap. Toyota delivers 10x the number of cars as Tesla and has 1/4 of the market cap. None of this makes any sense.

$NFLX - has seen yoy quarterly growth decline for the past 3-4 years but yet it's stock has been parabolic for the past few months. Why?

I can't rationalize buying NFLX, it's not cheap...but what is cheap...

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 2.14.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-29 at 2.13.42 PM.png

$NFLX - has seen yoy quarterly growth decline for the past 3-4 years but yet it's stock has been parabolic for the past few months. Why?

I can't rationalize buying NFLX, it's not cheap...but what is cheap...

View attachment 93982View attachment 93983
I keep thinking this may not end well. But maybe it really is different this time.

I can't rationalize tech (QQQ) being up 150% over a 3yr period. S&P up 90% over that same period. Valuations have become so historically high that I don't know what this market even trades around anymore. Seems like the mm's, tutes, are so good at keeping the indexes up by rotating money and with job market so strong people just keep pouring money into with IRA/401k/529. All anyone knows if you buy a S&P based ETF you will make 20% over the next 12 months, andy why shouldn't they.

I don't know what's going to bring down this market...banks are strong many companies are thriving. Even if the Fed raises rates I only see that as a temp downturn and the market will continue going right back up.

I do think the Fed announces taper next week but still think rate hikes are a little further out, although the bond market thinks that the Fed has been lying here.

In my opinion, I don’t think the Fed wants to halt QE immediately, like the Bank of Canada just did. Doing so would be admitting that they’ve been wrong, which I don’t think they want to do. It also might wreck the bond market as well.

Messaging probably matters the most when they speak next week but I think we’re going lower anyway next week, likely led by small cap and Dow type stocks, as that’s been the economic slowdown playbook.

(I still think smalls eventually break to the upside, just a dip here)

$IWM - chips have been pushed into IWM for several weeks now and it's going nuts today. I actually moved some money over $IWO on Friday, they do follow each other but the IWO could outperform IWM a little if they want to push to ATH's.

sc.png

sc-1.png

MVIS clawing back this morning. I don’t think I’m adding this one until it breaks 04874620-DADF-4AB5-9E64-0C3E574E1034.png

Been stubbornly holding VUZI and finally hit yesterday. ARK invest has been buying shares forever. This can get to $15 in the coming months.

View attachment 93939

Friday wasn't a good candle but today it storms back. This thing is so tricky but I think it looks good still.

Can see $13.50 going to be some resistance...still holding, I like this for a Q4 run. It has earnings next Monday so that makes me nervous but will deal with that on Friday.

sc.png

Tesla ?

$1.2 trillion market cap company that is parabolic. Running like an AMC/GME. What has this market come to. ?‍♂️

EDFB4C74-3120-410A-96E4-AFA8B1704DB0.png

I remember reading something from a guy that's smarter than me about gamma that said that he didn't think the gamma squeeze game was going to be easily playable in Tesla once it became a member of the S&P...well now it's happened twice (latter part of last year into early this year and recently).

I don't know when this is going to stop but it's going to and likely eventually falls 30%+ again, and maybe we'll do this cycle again...or maybe the Nasdaq will fall 20% (my guess is next year at some point in the year but your guess is as good as anyone's on when).

Back