• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Will be interesting to see how tech trades next week. Amzn, FB and GOOGL were very weak. Usually market isn’t great when FANG is weak.

8396D522-A8B5-489F-8508-3C15D5DA0658.png2A9E2502-CBB2-436B-8E00-02BB94F3B879.png

I do think the next 2-3% in the S&P is more likely to be down than up but if earnings season has shown us anything lately, my best guess would be this week ends within .5-1% of where we begin.

All the tech titans and a lot of other companies are reporting, you would think the index would see big movement, right? Probably not, at least initially.

Then again I did think last week would be quieter on the index level than it was.

That 2-3% move lower will most likely happen around when the tapering announcement happens, which I'm sure will get a lot of "double tops" and "it's over's". But I'm looking for the crowd to get it wrong.

We have $1T market cap companies that now go parabolic like meme stocks. Just an unreal bull market.

The gamma squeeze setting up in Tesla is going to be nuts this week, if they can get this over $1000 then this may pop to $1200

sc-1.png

I go back to the statement...this market is parabolic and parabolic moves either keep going straight up or they come straight down. They don't resolve sideways...you can't get Q's or SPY's to trade in a sideways channel...unreal.

sc.png

LOL...look at $LOW. I still want to cry about missing this, I was in it and got stopped out and never went back to it. This market...

sc.png

Did I get in a time travel machine and go back to summer last year, because this kind of absurdity with Tesla reminds me of what happened last year (it did some to start the year, but it was really a last year in the summer deal where it was "this" crazy).

If the other big guns in the Nasdaq were behaving better it'd be +200 easily for pretty much no reason in particular.

Facebook is all over the place in the after hours, solid earnings report IMO (even if there was a miss on sales) but my concern about Alphabet's earnings has grown some off that report.

They've been killing it but they feel overdue for a thud like what was seen before that insane run up by the NDX in August last year, and the 23ish EPS that analysts have for the quarter feels like it's too high (although the earnings whisper says that it beats).

Won't be trimming my position there though (I've thought about it when it hits 3k), I'll just take the punch in the mouth if the thud happens.

Cleared $500 this morning. I’m sick of missing these trades. I let DWAC slip through my fingers last week and it’s keeping me up at night because I was on it early. So I’m getting reckless again, ---- it.

And for a good look at the game that's been played with Tesla from time to time, here you go...

No, there is over $1.4b worth of calls bought today and expiring Friday. That isn't the DAs on Reddit. Elon is pumping it one final time now that his personal lockup has expired.

Not a quote from me, but what I figured happened (I edited DAs from what it actually said, but the rest of it is the post). A gamma squeeze pump was engineered.

This is not the only tech stock where we've seen this kind of game played, it's just the one where it sticks out the most.

Tesla is about to fully reverse from that spike this morning and go red...wouldn't rule out the possibility that it is a role player in causing the Nasdaq to melt down too because that happened once last year in the summer.

Tesla is about to fully reverse from that spike this morning and go red...wouldn't rule out the possibility that it is a role player in causing the Nasdaq to melt down too because that happened once last year in the summer.
You remember every single occurrence or take notes on market moves, just curious.

Back