Misc Stock Market

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Volatility in the major indices probably picks up next week into the Monday after (potentially) with the monthly options expiring, like last month and June, but until proven otherwise, it’ll probably just be one of those fast pullback moves.

Speaking of which…

I will not let myself get fooled by an options expiring move.
I will not let myself get fooled by an options expiring
I will not let myself get fooled by an options
I will not let myself get fooled by an
I will not let myself get fooled by
I will not let myself get fooled
I will not let myself get
I will not let myself
I will not

They were laughing at analysts at the beginning of the year for calling SPY 425 by EOY. Now here we are approaching 450. This can’t and won’t end well.

I swear, when you see cyclicals flushed like what was seen in the first 10 minutes today either at the open or at any point fairly early, they end up ending nowhere near there or lower like 9 times out of 10 and at least at this point, this is going to be the case no matter what today.

I do wonder if this has staying power though, probably doesn't without a rebound in yields.

Closed my eyes and finally sold a cash secured put for the first time after giving it a lot of consideration.

Finally looked a few minutes ago and honestly everything I saw made sense to me.

The put that I sold was an AMAT $120 put at 1.90 that expires September 3rd and my only regret is that I didn't put the strike at 2 dollars. My hope is that the Nasdaq and semis reverse next week (I haven't expressed it but I had a weird feeling there after last week), but if not, I can take the assignment.

Good day for my portfolio, I find when the market is unstable that dividend plays seem to be a bit of a safe haven and then day trading any runners and OTC stocks can yield a green day when the market is like this. AUNXF was my big winner today, accumulating DRNG for the upcoming dividend run by the end of the month. Holding UAMM waiting for a pop, same for APTY, KRFG and KATX.

Btw USA is one of my favorite dividend plays. It is a closed end fund and pays a nice 9-10% dividend. On top of that over the past 10 years it has averaged returns of 15%. So far YTD it is up 27% and that doesn't include the dividends paid out. AB and RYLD are two other nice dividend plays I like a lot. USA will have a rights offering coming up for existing shareholders so the price will likely drop a bit when that happens into the $7.80-8.20 range and I plan to add more if that happens.
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 4.19.12 PM.png

Reactions: Thor
I don't really understand calls and puts but I do know there are some huge expectations for Sept. Curious to see how this plays out

In fact, can you explain that chart to me like I'm 2? Lol

hey sorry, I missed this...I went on vacation and took a break from trading.

Trust me...the last thing you want to get into is options trading :)