• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Just a big short cover with small caps and bio's...or is this a start of a reversal....

I've been long $IBB and it's finally looks like it could do something.

I have my doubts given what I've been observing for over a month now but if the .IXIC side of the Nasdaq is going to start leading from time to time, it'll be nighty night for bears in here for an unknown time period.

But I do wonder if whether today was short covering in a name like OPEN for example. As a name like that has gotten beaten to death and I don't think really even bounced while the Nasdaq was busy putting up 3 straight good weeks. But then today...it's up 11.4%...why?

I have my doubts given what I've been observing for over a month now but if the .IXIC side of the Nasdaq is going to start leading from time to time, it'll be nighty night for bears in here for an unknown time period.

But I do wonder if whether today was short covering in a name like OPEN for example. As a name like that has gotten beaten to death and I don't think really even bounced while the Nasdaq was busy putting up 3 straight good weeks. But then today...it's up 11.4%...why?

Seems like everything was up 10% today. Some will follow through tomorrow...some won’t

Same with SKLZ. It can’t just be Cathie Wood buying. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small caps turning bullish again
It's hard to take the bearish position over any length of time in equities. There is an active, though not disclosed, strategy underway to keep equities elevated. Yes, there has been retail herd mentality at work, but that is not what I mean.

It is critically important for the economy, or so it is believed, for stocks to move higher. Until that belief changes, bear markets will be hard to come by at best or short-lived at worst.

Everybody is scratching their heads and talking about valuations and looking at technical indicators and so forth and wondering when the turn will come. And they're missing the easy answer: It won't until "they" are ready. One day, they will be. But there is no way to know that information.

Can someone with a big brain explain to me how an increase in capital gains would impact markets outside of a quick knee jerk reaction? Those big PP millionaires are still going to invest there money even if they are paying additional tax right? It's better than just letting your money sit in a bank account and earn nothing.

Can someone with a big brain explain to me how an increase in capital gains would impact markets outside of a quick knee jerk reaction? Those big PP millionaires are still going to invest there money even if they are paying additional tax right? It's better than just letting your money sit in a bank account and earn nothing.

I give it very little to no chance that you see this pass in the form that's been proposed anyway and it likely won't be just Manchin that blocks it either on the democratic side (it will likely be him that speaks out, but I suspect guys like Mark Kelly for example will be a no to this). I suspect it'll be raised, but not as much.

To be honest I don't even know what the capital gains tax is right now on the rich. 25-30% is fair imo. If what is being proposed is 43%...uh...what? It has no chance.

I got a bit ahead of myself mentally given the general movement we've seen for 2021. I'm guessing tomorrow will be a bounce (and it could be a major one if you do see Manchin or another democrat in the senate say they're not voting for this), but you're going to see at least a 3% move lower in the S&P from 4191 and probably 33k in the Dow next week imo.

And if it's more of the same of 2021, that will be it, but a deeper retracement is definitely overdue.

But I'm still sad, like I was sad after the "stimulus talks are off" deal in early October. I was enjoying how the Nasdaq was doing and thinking that it is affirming that it has it again (not that it hasn't shown that already), then this happens.

I got a bit ahead of myself mentally given the general movement we've seen for 2021. I'm guessing tomorrow will be a bounce (and it could be a major one if you do see Manchin or another democrat in the senate say they're not voting for this), but you're going to see at least a 3% move lower in the S&P from 4191 and probably 33k in the Dow next week imo.

And if it's more of the same of 2021, that will be it, but a deeper retracement is definitely overdue.

But I'm still sad, like I was sad after the "stimulus talks are off" deal in early October. I was enjoying how the Nasdaq was doing and thinking that it is affirming that it has it again (not that it hasn't shown that already), then this happens.

People forget if it’s not passed he can say at least he tried. Many in the finance world says highly unlikely. Maybe another bill with a % closer tor he 30% mark will pass instead. Who knows but it seems kinda knee jerk right now, and bounced pretty well today considering the news. Oh yeah and Democrats hold wealth also. Lol

BTC just dipped below 50K
altcoins weak, except for ETH

Good! It’s pretty bubbly now and we are due a dip. I love crypto but it’s just been outrageous this year and needs to cool off, for its own sake! We just aren’t there yet.

Back