• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I think someone on here mentioned RECAF way back. Been holding patiently and they found evidence of oil on first drilling. I'm up 131%, most of it from big moves yesterday and today. Hopefully just the beginning on this one. Big boom/bust potential. Making up for that MCOA carnage lol...

I’m guessing tomorrow will be a down day in SPX, as that’s been a part of this pattern since November (OPEX Friday=automatic down).

[X]

When you're hot you're hot...

I still think that the post options expiring pullback is coming but I wonder if this is another hint that the options yolo fever was just officially wrecked for good after what happened from mid-February to early March. Because we saw a fair bit more than I thought we would.

Most of the large cap tech/growth stocks pulled back to their 30w moving averages and some even go their 50w. Now it’s the small caps turn.

87B919EA-5321-4F25-8CF9-24B27E5BE976.png18783ACB-2148-4D5E-90CE-A7306873998C.png8635F361-94EF-4A6C-BBE6-511E5C46913F.png

In late March both $CELH and $MWK reclaimed their 8dma and I was going back and forth on which one to go with. I choose MWK as they are seeing great growth and had more reasonable valuation. Needles to say...I chose wrong. ?

74B5E998-94D5-41AB-BAB6-DC7F1508B5AC.pngE61022A9-0AEF-4A95-B25D-0A82FBF63EE6.png

I've had my best 30 days since I think last August or last April but I've given back about 20% of that staying aggressive. But, I've closed many positions end of last week and today, so sitting in roughly 70% cash. Going to take a breather.

I actually picked up UVXY at $4.60 this morning as a small hedge.

The Russell 2000...

1618937421818.png

If you don't get the joke, it's one I picked up on from another forum. Finnish flag=finished.

Netflix has usually gotten dumped on earnings, which is why January 19th-20th completely shocked me. I expected the same, instead we saw the opposite and saw a bunch of other stocks react positively at the same time.

The latter happening is new (edit: other stocks reacting at the same time) as I seem to remember that not happening last summer or in the fall.

I wouldn't consider it to be an indicator of the incoming earnings either, the incoming ones are still a coin flip reaction wise (which is why I find the other stocks reacting deal to be odd, but in the case of January 20th...I mean...thanks...lol).

Last edited:
I do not understand the desire to call for an end of a trend given this year’s tendencies so far, including soft back halves of the month after options expire (well, I do if you want to talk smack, but otherwise...).

Having said that, the Dow and S&P are likely both done as of Monday for now. They had an amazing 6 weeks and will likely need to take some time to consolidate, the odds of a crash aren’t very good given history (apparently bull markets haven’t topped in the April-July time period).

Back