• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Yep eventually it’ll either crash or they’ll keep printing money to support it. My guess is on printing the money for now.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised be a short term sharp, quick pullback, as nothing goes in a straight line forever. But, a general resumption northward should recommence thereafter.

Probably going to sell an apple 4/16 120 put tomorrow for $500 premium. Doubt apple stays below 120 by mid april. If it does I'm good with a 115 cost basis on 100 shares.

Oil was Thursday’s biggest loser as a whole in the S&P and to be honest, the move by WTI likely was the late afternoon driver for the whole market in this case.

The overnight/Europe crew has a lot of work to do if the OPEX games are gonna win here. I figured the 3980ish range was all you’d see in the S&P for now but I thought it’d get pinned near 3950. That’s why I was trolly about that today initially. I shouldn’t have been, that’s my bad...

The one million dollar market question is probably still Apple a few weeks later. It was totally bizarre it wasn’t a big winner on a day the Nasdaq jumped over 2.5% last week.

Some say it looks like it wants to roll over lower than its early March lows and that more than likely throws any IHS ideas with the Nasdaq in the garbage (I’m leaning toward it already being there, but nonetheless).

Having said that, if it does roll over, I will be completely and absolutely shocked if it goes any lower than the fall lows at this time.

I’m already looking to April, I want to see if better seasonality helps tech (first part of the year is historically weak here) and I’ll likely draw my conclusions there, although it’s quite possible this year is somewhat similar to what happened in 2016. I honestly already know the rest of this month is going to be weak.

If you look at the SPY and Q's at the macro level they went approximately 13 years before making new highs...2000-2013, give or take. The Q's went 16 years....both are obviously extended but maybe/hopefully we go on a 10-15 year bull run. I am in more cash right now in my IRA's but I do plan on buying more individual stocks on any pullbacks.

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 9.21.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 9.23.35 AM.png

I'm not gonna name names, and I don't own those names anyway, but from what I saw this morning, at least 20% of the Nasdaq-100 looks like complete and absolute garbage overall. I think the high P/E names really "are" getting hit the hardest and some of these names are likely done for a while, maybe even years.

Except for Tesla maybe with their fan club, but even in the case of Tesla, there's likely a very long way to go.

If there's another rally to come here, it's going to have different names being the biggest role players again like it did from November to mid February. Semiconductors and maybe FAANG wakes up is my lean, semis had been getting beaten up some but they were pretty strong last week when the Nasdaq went -0.8%. Could see that happening with the high P/E/China names just going sideways when you get to that case.

Feels like Europe is going to test the US like it did on December 21st and go full on market sell off mode tomorrow given what I've been hearing about what's going on with COVID for them. Because why not, and because that's exactly what happened after quad-witching then.

Edit so I don't triple post:

What the Bank of Japan is doing is really surprising me and uncharacteristic for them (they're backing off to being "accommodative"). If they don't reverse the decision they've made, you can officially say the ECB is the most stubborn world bank. The Fed's not far behind them, lolz, but they don't really seem that interested in going full on degenerate it seems.

Last edited:
Mega caps outperforming a lot of the more speculative stuff like they did on this day last week again. I have a feeling that this story is going to continue next month.

Edit: As of near noon:

ARKK: -2.03%

QQQ (Nasdaq-100): +0.3%

Last edited:
The Russell 2000 is -3.4%.

Jesus. This is a spectacular spontaneous combustion by it. When it goes bad, it goes really bad, but this tops all of its meltdowns and if you look at this index alone, you'd think a full on sell off was going on.

Can it bounce tomorrow? Will be interesting to see.

Good thing I don't have anything in here...

Jumped in MMEX this morning. Got news this morning at 9am. Clean energy play. Super sexy chart.

Back