• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

thoughts on long-term prospects of crypto? (soaring today due to the 1.9T bill passage)
I sold my positions during the recent crash - obviously, should have re-invested last Friday during the crazy (temp) market downturn (haven't witnessed anything like that in years)
BTC only? Other large cap coins like ETH, ADA?

My thought is to not hold through or play earnings.
Yep, bet we see a 30% drop post earnings. Unless the post some surprise revenues i would expect more bad numbers but in line with expectations and along with information that everything else is on track. It's definitely not an earnings story right now.

A guy who’s stuff I read on ST pretty regularly, and he his normally pretty good, says MVIS sub $6 before it sees $15 again.

Yep, bet we see a 30% drop post earnings. Unless the post some surprise revenues i would expect more bad numbers but in line with expectations and along with information that everything else is on track. It's definitely not an earnings story right now.
A guy who’s stuff I read on ST pretty regularly, and he his normally pretty good, says MVIS sub $6 before it sees $15 again.

Yeah their ER is all about forward-looking statements, updates on A-sample LRL and basically nothing about finances lol. Most understand their ER will not look great, the only revenue atm is from MSFT and that was part of a horrible deal made prior to current management, it was a $10M pre-payment that hasn't been recouped yet (I don't think), so that's still not going to reflect well. Also they should start seeing an increase from IVAS but that contract was late in the yr and doubtful it will be reflected in the ER either..... so basically I don't expect much of anything from the CC but hoping for some specifics as it relates to the A-sample demo in April.
The huge post ER drop previously was because so many were erroneously expecting BO news during an ER, which isn't going to happen

@Jimmy Hypocracy out of curiosity who is it on ST you were speaking of?

Last edited:
Yeah their ER is all about forward-looking statements, updates on A-sample LRL and basically nothing about finances lol. Most understand their ER will not look great, the only revenue atm is from MSFT and that was part of a horrible deal made prior to current management, it was a $10M pre-payment that hasn't been recouped yet (I don't think), so that's still not going to reflect well. Also they should start seeing an increase from IVAS but that contract was late in the yr and doubtful it will be reflected in the ER either..... so basically I don't expect much of anything from the CC but hoping for some specifics as it relates to the A-sample demo in April.
The huge post ER drop previously was because so many were erroneously expecting BO news during an ER, which isn't going to happen

@Jimmy Hypocracy out of curiosity who is it on ST you were speaking of?
@crossingtrends

That Dow double top at 32k is VERY less than ideal, unless it blows through it soon, that will likely all but confirm the tech indices to flirt with a bear market this month.

I thought it was possible that it'd trade 32k again during this week, but I really didn't think it'd trade 32k during this morning (and it's back there at least for a moment! absolutely incredible). This index has really surprised me after that stretch where it looked very weak in January.

Still no real panic in the general market. Dow green (and really surprised me today, actually, I expected none of what happened) and the equal-weighted version of the S&P finished higher. None of the things that have been going on would be if people were really worried about the economy for 2021, and some have said that old economy indices could do really well this year despite the fact they already took off from early November.

That Dow double top at 32k is VERY less than ideal

But this stands and is now a quadruple top. If it loses 31k again soon instead of just largely bouncing around a range it's been in for weeks, it will all but confirm that the Nasdaq will be flirting with bear market territory this month.

There is a large gap in 28k range that it just hasn't cared at all about (from when it gapped over to 29k on Pfizer vaccine day and hasn't looked back). Can it manage to continue to not care about it? Maybe. But it'd be wild if it continued to do so.

Last edited:
Dang...S&P as a whole forward P/E's are only 21.5? Holy **** I didn't realize that it was that low. I knew earnings had been really surprising people, but they are THAT low? Perhaps that thing that I saw that claimed that S&P fair value is actually around 3580 is actually true.

That has to be a misprint that I saw or something I misinterpreted? Maybe it's the S&P outside of tech.

Need to watch Bitcoin. If you don't see a big correction there, you ain't getting a big correction in the market.

Pennies have started to rebound with the market, PVDG has moved up nicely and I entered back into it. Also playing a few merger plays like AWGI and IALS.

Could possibly be a dead cat in Bitcoin, some have said 30-35k is possible before higher, but if it's not, its correlation with stocks has dwindled down to a near 0 day timeframe as of right now (used to be a bigger lead time).

I can see tomorrow being a widespread down day as that was completely dumb by the Nasdaq and I really think the Dow is out of gas at this moment, at least what's been powering it. Guessing that yesterday was just "too overkill", but this was also crazy.

But it looks like my guess about yields might be coming true... Since everybody is expecting that yields are going to go up with the auction, you might very well continue seeing the opposite instead. It would completely fit with banks being very overbought as they are very rate sensitive (they go up when rates go up) and the resistance in TNX that is in the 1.6's.

Jumped back in TQQQ yesterday before the close and it paid dividends for me today me today ?

Back