• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Market is rolling over. When garbage like GME/EXPR start running like lunacy people lose confidence in the market and start pulling money out. Yeah, WSB people can move a stock or two but they can't prop up a market.

Market is rolling over. When garbage like GME/EXPR start running like lunacy people lose confidence in the market and start pulling money out. Yeah, WSB people can move a stock or two but they can't prop up a market.
They can spook a market though. Legendary. They proved me right. Market is fake. Institutions are quick to call these guys out for pumping these nostalgic names but when you ask them to justify SPY 385 or DOW 31,000...? They can’t.

Yeah my stocks are bleeding a bit this morning other than my WSB play. Jimmy is right though , the aren’t any different than the institutions . They are an institution now lol. An institution of idiots granted .

I’m watching from the sidelines. I wanted to make a play on EXPR at $3 but opted out on the moon ride. I’m living vicariously through you guys. Burn it down.

I bought AMC at 8.13 and sold this morning right at $15. It will probably go higher but I'm happy to go ahead and take profits on that, nice quick flip for almost a double. Will take that all day.

The crash is going to be historic I'm afraid. It's fun for those guys on WSB and anyone riding their coattails but some people will lose everything playing that game

I been moving more into cash. I have some March calls on a couple of things and will sit and wait.
I've been sitting on the sidelines doing boring 401k index investing, no daytrading. Was on a hot streak earlier last year but then got burned pretty badly later in the summer/fall. Nothing crazy but enough to spook me haha. May dip my toe in the water today to see if I can make some hay before the dropoff.

I've been sitting on the sidelines doing boring 401k index investing, no daytrading. Was on a hot streak earlier last year but then got burned pretty badly later in the summer/fall. Nothing crazy but enough to spook me haha. May dip my toe in the water today to see if I can make some hay before the dropoff.

Yeah, like everyone else I was doing great Jun-Aug but then bottom dropped out in Sept and I chased which compounded my mistakes. I gave up a lot of gains that I made over the summer so then took a break until really mid Nov. Since then I have been managing risk better. But in my IRA/401k I have just left it alone and it's done great.

Spy needs to defend right about where it is or that’s likely going to be the end of the trendline from November. The thing that might temporarily save it is Apple/Facebook/Tesla reporting after the bell.

It’s tested it a few times and if it weren’t for the above, there’d likely be no chance.

Fits with the Nasdaq tapping that trendline it last tapped in early September.

Back