• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Sold BOIL for a nice 15% pop.

This morning I'm getting in RLFTF at .30. It's OTC Covid play. Data at the end of January. Just looking for 20-25% here. Bounced the last 2 times it got this low back to .40+

Sold half the position of RLFTF this morning for 20%. Holding the other half this week to see where it goes.

So both of you think this will be back around or just above $1 by mid-Feb? I'd sell now if I thought that

It depends on how quickly things transpire IMO. Many stocks run on hype and rumors these days and as soon as people start getting impatient it’ll sell off. Let’s say we start February and still no buyout news or rumors. How many people will still be holding? IMO it will gradually trend down as people get impatient, take profits and go elsewhere. That’s why I sold out in the $7 range because it was getting too high and nearing a peak. Of course I’m one of those “impatient” traders but it worked well for me last year with a 15,000% gain for my entire account.

It depends on how quickly things transpire IMO. Many stocks run on hype and rumors these days and as soon as people start getting impatient it’ll sell off. Let’s say we start February and still no buyout news or rumors. How many people will still be holding? IMO it will gradually trend down as people get impatient, take profits and go elsewhere. That’s why I sold out in the $7 range because it was getting too high and nearing a peak. Of course I’m one of those “impatient” traders but it worked well for me last year with a 15,000% gain for my entire account.
I'll got out on a limb here and say it's not going that low again. I get what you are saying and I was asking if that is what they believed and how I would respond if I believed that. Many, if not most, long timers really don't anticipate this being BO until the LiDAR sample is completed now, although it certainly could happen at any moment. Tons of retail investors already bailed, more will too most likely because they expect immediate results but MVIS has many reasons to do everything in it's power to prevent this from dropping back below mid $2 (incentive shares for employees and BOD members just to name one). Also I get where you are coming from with the hype and rumors stuff, I just hate the word rumor when there are actual facts that they are pursuing alternative strategies, including the sale of the company, but that's arguing semantics I know. Lol

So both of you think this will be back around or just above $1 by mid-Feb? I'd sell now if I thought that
No I don't think it gets back to a buck. I think it will leak down and stabilize in the 2-4 range, probably 3-4, assuming no more news comes out.

This big runup on nothing tells me that there's a legit chance we go a lot higher. Usually with pump and dump penny stocks, you get big moves on articles that come out or analyst comments or a big rumor. And then you get a smash back down to give it all back.

Real companies with a real business just keep working. Sometimes the stock runs, tanks, or whatever. Then the big news hits. No idea if this will eventually pan out or not, but it doesn't feel like the behavior is that of a penny stock with no future.

I'll got out on a limb here and say it's not going that low again. I get what you are saying and I was asking if that is what they believed and how I would respond if I believed that. Many, if not most, long timers really don't anticipate this being BO until the LiDAR sample is completed now, although it certainly could happen at any moment. Tons of retail investors already bailed, more will too most likely because they expect immediate results but MVIS has many reasons to do everything in it's power to prevent this from dropping back below mid $2 (incentive shares for employees and BOD members just to name one). Also I get where you are coming from with the hype and rumors stuff, I just hate the word rumor when there are actual facts that they are pursuing alternative strategies, including the sale of the company, but that's arguing semantics I know. Lol

The big question to ask yourself is could you make more profit just holding this and waiting months and months for a buyout that may or may not happen (if the deal falls through) or could you make more profit flipping it on the runs/dips and playing other stocks?

Each person has a strategy that works best for them, but for me I’ve found it much more profitable to flip stocks for the momentum and short term catalysts vs holding for months. As an example, in the past 6 months MVIS has increased from the $1.50 area to $5.40 right now, roughly a 260% increase. In that same 6 months by flipping it and other plays, I’ve made over 1100%. Had I just bought and held MVIS I would only be up 260%, a significant difference. That’s why I flip stocks, it’s more lucrative IMO.

No I don't think it gets back to a buck. I think it will leak down and stabilize in the 2-4 range, probably 3-4, assuming no more news comes out.

This big runup on nothing tells me that there's a legit chance we go a lot higher. Usually with pump and dump penny stocks, you get big moves on articles that come out or analyst comments or a big rumor. And then you get a smash back down to give it all back.

Real companies with a real business just keep working. Sometimes the stock runs, tanks, or whatever. Then the big news hits. No idea if this will eventually pan out or not, but it doesn't feel like the behavior is that of a penny stock with no future.
Yeah I'll probably start flipping some to increase my position, I wasn't about to scalp any prior to new tax season haha. I'm not worried, I think my questions imply that to some, I'm long and invested as I've stated before.

The big question to ask yourself is could you make more profit just holding this and waiting months and months for a buyout that may or may not happen (if the deal falls through) or could you make more profit flipping it on the runs/dips and playing other stocks?

Each person has a strategy that works best for them, but for me I’ve found it much more profitable to flip stocks for the momentum and short term catalysts vs holding for months. As an example, in the past 6 months MVIS has increased from the $1.50 area to $5.40 right now, roughly a 260% increase. In that same 6 months by flipping it and other plays, I’ve made over 1100%. Had I just bought and held MVIS I would only be up 260%, a significant difference. That’s why I flip stocks, it’s more lucrative IMO.
I'm with you because I believe you and I play similar stocks and thats the mentality you have to have in the pinks to make money. My big board stocks I treat very differently and treat much more like a savings account looking for the long term slow steady growth. The trick with this one is its in between, I can see wanting to be long on it given the buyout possibilities and the sector in general has a lot of potential for future growth. The other side of this is that this recent run up to 9 was based on a lot of speculations(just like pinks) so it probably did necessitate trading it like one. Its not a loss until you sell, and its not a gain until you sell and patience isn't always rewarded. I like keeping funds available for the next one as well, and to be honest I have a lot of money on the sidelines at the moment anticipating, or maybe hoping for some pullbacks.

MVIS was at $7.42 this morning and most likely going to close under $5.00....that is incredible considering there was no news whatsoever. Im stuck in this because I'm not willing to lose 45% of what I invested....even if it costs me every penny. I will just wait until the next pump, and then dump it myself. Sickening.

MVIS was at $7.42 this morning and most likely going to close under $5.00....that is incredible considering there was no news whatsoever. Im stuck in this because I'm not willing to lose 45% of what I invested....even if it costs me every penny. I will just wait until the next pump, and then dump it myself. Sickening.
It briefly crossed $6 PM but was not 7.42, either way I feel your pain but again if you don't sell you haven't lost anything... it's not easy seeing red. The markets are red everywhere today, it's a blood bath, not pretty that's for sure but things should improve

Closed out a couple of positions today and got stopped out of a couple. Rough day but added to positions I like. The GA runoff tomorrow could make things interesting to say the least.

I'm with you because I believe you and I play similar stocks and thats the mentality you have to have in the pinks to make money. My big board stocks I treat very differently and treat much more like a savings account looking for the long term slow steady growth. The trick with this one is its in between, I can see wanting to be long on it given the buyout possibilities and the sector in general has a lot of potential for future growth. The other side of this is that this recent run up to 9 was based on a lot of speculations(just like pinks) so it probably did necessitate trading it like one. Its not a loss until you sell, and its not a gain until you sell and patience isn't always rewarded. I like keeping funds available for the next one as well, and to be honest I have a lot of money on the sidelines at the moment anticipating, or maybe hoping for some pullbacks.

Yep that strategy has worked well for me, no need to change it. I banked over a 15,000% gain in 2020, which is really good. I’m mostly cash right now, buying some AWGI as part of a custo play where Moody is involved but otherwise I sold out and took profits this AM and will wait for bloody Tuesday and Wednesday to enter again.

Its official, most institutions can no longer buy MVIS since its under $5. We're done.
Man I would hate to have seen you back around August after it dropped back to around 1.2 after their CC..... I was seeing red but it came back. There are many who had this stock back when it dropped to .15 back in March. Hold, you will be fine, go check out the snow maps it will help take your mind off of it.

Back