• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Dumb question as a newb, but if MVIS is bought out do I need to take any action or will they credit me the value of the stocks I hold at that time? And thank you all for an interesting forum. I love coming to check out the news you all provide!

I have 175 shares in MVIS . I bought in back in the 1.50s . Wish I had bought more .
Not too late... I jumped in with a few hundred at .90 but did not have the testicular fortitude to go all in then. Once they gained compliance I increased my portion bigley, even added more this morning.

Dumb question as a newb, but if MVIS is bought out do I need to take any action or will they credit me the value of the stocks I hold at that time? And thank you all for an interesting forum. I love coming to check out the news you all provide!
The simple answer is once the deal is finalized your stock will convert to cash in your portfolio. However, keep in mind once news leaks and it is put for a vote before shareholders the price will run up. It may even run up close to the purchase price, some will sell at that point and that's decision time....because anything could happen prior to finalization.

The simple answer is once the deal is finalized your stock will convert to cash in your portfolio. However, keep in mind once news leaks and it is put for a vote before shareholders the price will run up. It may even run up close to the purchase price, some will sell at that point and that's decision time....because anything could happen prior to finalization.
Higher it runs now higher the purchase price will have to be correct?

Higher it runs now higher the purchase price will have to be correct?
It certainly doesn't hurt at the negotiating table but it's not based on it. The valuation of a company is whatever the buyer is willing to pay lol... MVISs "disruptive technology" is desired by several Tier one's now. I think it's just a matter of time before we get big news

lmao there goes the S&P again, if SPY stays above $346 resistance by the end of the day, the S&P is gone once again until probably near ATH's and then we'll likely see another dump tbh because this week has long jumped off a cliff in being reasonable like it did for a period before that September stretch.

I really don't buy stimulus happening though for a while despite what's being said of late...sorry.

Edit: Well, depending on what's in the 1.8 trillion deal, I might have to take that back. That's more likely to get approved imo.

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, that deal was rejected and also unsurprisingly, that news came out on a weekend.

My guess is we're going to hear whispers either Sunday night or Monday morning about the possibility of a 2 trillion dollar bill, you'll actually see mutual agreement between everyone important except McConnell with this idea, but then it won't get through the senate at least for now.

Unsurprisingly, that deal was rejected and also unsurprisingly, that news came out on a weekend.

My guess is we're going to hear whispers either Sunday night or Monday morning about the possibility of a 2 trillion dollar bill, you'll actually see mutual agreement between everyone important except McConnell with this idea, but then it won't get through the senate at least for now.
There is a zero percent chance of a deal before the election. All of the blathering about it is 100% about directing equities higher. There will no doubt be more optimistic about a deal next week and the week after and the week after, especially after any sort of sell-off. And they'll probably throw in a few Covid vaccine soundbites for good measure.

I think it’s time for another play on CPE right here. Pandemic lows. Earnings coming up.

Back