• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Regarding that targeting call, I’d agree it was the correct call going by the actual rule, but I think ejection is too severe. A personal foul and 15 yards is fine. There should be two levels of targeting, the first being 15 yards for “leading with the crown” type deals that aren’t helmet to helmet and the second being for helmet to helmet hits, 15yds + ejection

I'd have lost some money on a couple games today if I bet.

Wonder if the "#1 in the first playoff poll curse" ends up applying here again, as I'm pretty sure Alabama was #1 in the first playoff poll.

Boy an Alabama Ohio State natty is just unbearable (for me). That’s not as bad as Bama UGA but woof

I am not saying that Ohio State is not a good team, because they are, but they have half the wear and tear of the rest of the playoff teams. That does make a difference in these late season games. I know its not their fault but I think it is showing tonight. I am glad it will be a week and a half before Bama has to play'em. Hope Bama rest up and comes at'em because it is gonna a be a high scoring affair.

I am not saying that Ohio State is not a good team, because they are, but they have half the wear and tear of the rest of the playoff teams. That does make a difference in these late season games. I know its not their fault but I think it is showing tonight. I am glad it will be a week and a half before Bama has to play'em. Hope Bama rest up and comes at'em because it is gonna a be a high scoring affair.
I agree with this. However I will say Clemson is missing some of its biggest weapons on both sides, not to mention this Ohio State team that took Clemson to the wire last year added Trey Sermon which gave them a much more potent rushing attack. Add in the five less games played and you get this. I think both teams with 13 games played this would be a lot closer, OSU might still win though

They should just go ahead and put Duke, UNC, Kentucky and Kansas in the final four that way they can just rest, practice and not have to play as many games as everybody else....

Ohio State is obviously good enough to be there but did they "earn the right"? NOPE.....Would they have been in the playoff with 5 games? 4 games? Zero?

Looks like Texas just poached Sark for their head coach. I can feel the ground vibrating from fists pounding the ground.
I hope he sticks through the NC game and is focused on calling the game. Now, who is the next OC at Bama, Hugh Freeze, Tom Herman?

Back