• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

I'm no college basketball expert but it seems the teams that were making good runs built on a roster full of one-and-dones is not working too well anymore. Some of these older teams seem to be holding their own. That may change come tournament time when they've had time to gel.

I'm no college basketball expert but it seems the teams that were making good runs built on a roster full of one-and-dones is not working too well anymore. Some of these older teams seem to be holding their own. That may change come tournament time when they've had time to gel.
Georgia is looking good so far this year.

Yeah no/limited practices seems to be really unifying impacting the 1 and done teams. It'll be interesting to see if they turn around during the 2nd half of the season as they get more court time together

You remember "Joe in Raleigh"? He would come on The David Glenn Show and Bomani Jones and talk crap to State and UNC fans all day.
David Glenn and his lovely and talented wife Maria. Is he still on? I used to have to deliver some things for work and would listen to his show, that's where my dislike of sports talk radio callers started.

"long time listener first time caller"....insert dumb question here

David Glenn and his lovely and talented wife Maria. Is he still on? I used to have to deliver some things for work and would listen to his show, that's where my dislike of sports talk radio callers started.

"long time listener first time caller"....insert dumb question here
I heard him a few years back. Recently Im unsure if he is still on air. I enjoyed his takes, and Bomani as well. The callers, yeah, very few gems in that mine.

Maybe, just maybe the SEC is overrated. The Big 12 sure is making the SEC look bad tonight.
The SEC may be overrated but there are a couple other factors in play here. In the game UF has 7 future NFLer's opting out and 6 others out for injuries/covid.. and the season ending losses to LSU and Bama had to be greatly demoralizing. And the Sooners seem to have actually found a decent defense

UNC finally gets a major bowl and 4 of the 5 best players opted out. Their opponent, Texas A n M, are nearly full roster. Think AnM have something to prove to the selections commitee.

What a Brawl at the end of MSU Tulsa. One for the Ages

Reactions: SD
The fact Leach was just like oh well wasn't a good look imo
Agree. But to his defense he was up in stands taking pics when it started. However that interview afterwards, lawdy. He is the master of off scripts,of the off scripts in the coaching carasoul no doubt.

Agree. But to his defense he was up in stands taking pics when it started. However that interview afterwards, lawdy. He is the master of off scripts,of the off scripts in the coaching carasoul no doubt.
Yeah I didn't see that he was in the stands until a little while ago. That whole thing was just a mess

Back