• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Because they are the highest finishing ACC team not in the playoff and therefore due to the Orange Bowl contract with the ACC they get the spot. If Notre Dame hadn’t been in the playoffs it would have been them.
Personally I feel they should go by rankings, regardless of what conference the team is in. For example, a team ranked #8 should never go to a worse bowl than a team ranked #15. Otherwise, whats the point of rankings ? Might as well just throw the rankings out and just have rankings for the top 4 teams.

Personally I feel they should go by rankings, regardless of what conference the team is in. For example, a team ranked #8 should never go to a worse bowl than a team ranked #15. Otherwise, whats the point of rankings ? Might as well just throw the rankings out and just have rankings for the top 4 teams.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Take a look a bowl payouts...I’m not sure what’s your point. Rankings do matter and most of the time they are correct in conference best teams.

#15 is Iowa
#8 is Cinci

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That hasn’t happened since the old days prior to the BCS. The BCS and Power 5 created alignments for bowls with conferences. Used to be that the best matchup to draw fans was used such as the January 1992 Peach Bowl with ECU/NCSU.

The BCS relied on a combination of polls and computer selection methods to determine relative team rankings, and to narrow the field to two teams to play in the BCS National Championship Game held after the other college bowl games (the game rotated among four existing bowl games from the 1998 to 2005 season, and was a separate game from the 2006 to 2013 seasons). The American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) was contractually bound to vote the winner of this game as the BCS National Champion and the contract signed by each conference required them to recognize the winner of the BCS National Championship game as the official and only champion. The BCS was created to end split championships (such as 1990 with Ga Tech and Colorado, 2003 Southern Cal and LSU, 1997 Michigan and Nebraska) and for the champion to win the title on the field between the two teams selected by the BCS.

The BCS system also selected match-ups for other BCS bowl games (New Years 6): the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl. The ten teams selected included the conference champion from each of the six Automatic Qualifying conferences plus four others (two others prior to the 2006 season). The BCS was created by formal agreement by those six conferences (the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), Big East [now the American Athletic Conference (AAC)], Big Ten Conference (Big Ten), Big 12 Conference (Big 12), Pac-10 [now the Pac-12 Conference (Pac-12)], and Southeastern Conference (SEC) conferences) and the three FBS independent schools, and evolved to allow other conferences to participate to a lesser degree. For the 1998 through 2005 seasons eight teams competed in four BCS bowls.

It had been in place since the 1998 season. The BCS replaced the Bowl Alliance, in place from 1995 to 1997, which had followed the Bowl Coalition, in place from 1992 to 1994. Prior to the Bowl Coalition's creation in 1992, the AP Poll's number one and two teams had met in a bowl game only 8 times in 56 seasons. The AP's top two teams met 13 out of the 16 seasons when the BCS was in place.

Not a bad day...

a13739b40f3696137a54ec5e9be684ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will never happen because of the P5 cartell. All about Money and keeping everyone else locked out of it. Ruining College Football. Out of the 60 teams of the P5 only about 5 to 6 have and will ever compete in the 4 team playoff. Thats fine by the other 55ish as long as they A) Have a Path and B) keep that big payout amongst themselves at the end of every year. The 60 G5 have 0 path opportunity to the playoff and New Years Day Bowl Games, save 1 team. Worst part is they live off crumbs financially compared to the p5's.
Funny part is that 50-55 of the P5's get beat on a regular basis by the G5's because the talent level is the same. Example is App beating UNC and USC last year. The Sun belt going 3-0 verse the Big 12 this year. You realize Louisianna beat Iowa State. Iowa State had 2 loses compared to ULL one loss and was ranked 12 spots ahead of ULL going into conference championship week this year. ULL only loss was to Sun belt Coastal Carolina who was undefeated and who just happened to be one of the 3 teams that beat a big 12 team ooc.
Its all a sharade and money hawk. It has 0 to do with lining everyone up and deciding on the field of play like we do in basketball ncaa tourney.
FBS should get back to 8 or 9 team regional conferences. Have a 16 team playoff like the fcs does. Let all the conf champs automatically qualify and have a few at large bids. Simple,massive money producer/TV rights.

My guess is the Titans will go into the 4th quarter at Houston with a two possession lead, then ---- it up and piss it away, and lose in OT

Its public knowledge now that the UNC Tarheel basketball team has been on the decline. The 2021 and 2022 recruiting classes put it on display. No one in the top 75 out of high school are considering them. Strange since theyve been pretty successful since the Roy Williams era.

Really mortgaging their future for now

Not really. They still have a top ten farm system even with these trades. I think Preller will beef up the farm system again for the next three years. If they fail this season, you’ll see a fire sale at the trade deadline like four years ago. That wil beef up the farm system. LOL

Its public knowledge now that the UNC Tarheel basketball team has been on the decline. The 2021 and 2022 recruiting classes put it on display. No one in the top 75 out of high school are considering them. Strange since theyve been pretty successful since the Roy Williams era.

I love Roy, but it may be time to move on if he refuses to change his system. His whole philosophy is to run the fast break and feed the ball down low. That's great if you can get a fast break every time. But the half court game needs players that can hit threes and guards that can penetrate the lane to win these days. He also refuses to change the defense and stop helping off the ball, which leads to shooters being wide open for threes. His teams always struggle unless he has mostly juniors and seniors, and the problem with that is the best players aren't staying that long anymore.

Back