• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

The Georgia sports curse was broken for all of about 5 weeks. Back to reality/endless choking

That is what I told my coworker this week. While if I was a GA fan I would be confident in my team yet scared to death that somehow Bama would play their best game of the year just because. Looks like they did.

The committee should look at how badly Kirby has embarrassed himself against Saban and drop Georgia to #5.

That's not going to happen though. Georgia matches up well with Michigan, so I'd get ready. I know ratings for the championship from 2017/2018 were low, these may be really bad too.

5 weeks from now when the offseason starts, the chatter is going to be incredibly loud about how Kirby is a disaster at managing QBs, but maybe seeing this happen a fourth time (including 2019) will finally get through Kirby's head. Maybe it'll lead to him moving on and...bwahahahaha.

Stetson Bennett will be starting for Georgia until he gets hurt or runs out of eligibility (which he does after next year). Includes next year too, which if somebody steps up, will mean that there's a decent chance somebody else goes to the SECCG from the East next year, as Georgia's losing a lot of talent after this year.

I will be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong and Brock or Gunner are starting vs Oregon to start 2022 (as I think that's the first game next year).

That definitely wasn't the only issue (the meltdown for a quarter was also one), but it played a role for sure.

I'll set the o/u at 2 interceptions for Stetson on January 10th if Georgia makes it, and take over.

The thing about this game that stood out to me most was the fact that Georgia had film to watch from last week on how exactly to attack this Alabama offense, but instead they chose to rush four the entire first half. How stupid did we look with two and three guys chasing Metchie and Williams around like dumb ----- while not getting pressure with four. They didn't change it until after the early touchdown in the third quarter. We essentially chose the Arkansas formula and wouldn't you know Bryce had a similar performance. Georgia will be the #3 and face Michigan.

The thing about this game that stood out to me most was the fact that Georgia had film to watch from last week on how exactly to attack this Alabama offense, but instead they chose to rush four the entire first half. How stupid did we look with two and three guys chasing Metchie and Williams around like dumb ----- while not getting pressure with four. They didn't change it until after the early touchdown in the third quarter. We essentially chose the Arkansas formula and wouldn't you know Bryce had a similar performance. Georgia will be the #3 and face Michigan.
Think we may have gotten a little to arrogant and thought we could show up and win. Bama was also playing for their lives and played probably the best game they have all year. We should still make the playoffs and all we need is a chance.

Never gets old beating Georgia’s ass. They are a team that talks the most trash for a school that hasn’t won a natty since 1980. You don’t disrespect the tide ever! We’ve been winning for awhile now. Business as usual

I attended the 2012, 2018, and again todays sec championship against Georgia and this may have been the sweetest. Got barked at coming in, but those subsided by halftime.
13A02A97-3B92-4E3C-ADE3-582B5B783D8F.jpeg89CC7F4B-385B-4CEF-A3C0-C824C7F91667.jpeg

Back