• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

Yeah agree. It was in no way a sequel. It really should have been. That was a big miss. Another big miss was the soundtrack. Every single one of us remember the music from the first movie and the scenes that went with the different themes. This one had nothing. You hardly ever have a great moving without a good sound track. But the effects and action sequences were enjoyable.
Disagree with the soundtrack though I loved this one.

Songs, I'm a fan of the soundtrack, I like a lot of those artist and the music
Gotcha. I didn't know any of the songs, but they were fine. I was disappointed in the score. Twister had a prominent score. I can't remember any theme from this movie.

My wife went to see Twisters this afternoon and said she loved it. She said the special effects were great. She is not a weather enthusiast like I am so my opinion will probably differ.

I will say it held my interest pretty well... It's been a long time since I sat through most of a movie without touching my phone

But I also had super low expectations. Like I went to the cheapest theater in the city to see it 🤣

My wife went to see Twisters this afternoon and said she loved it. She said the special effects were great. She is not a weather enthusiast like I am so my opinion will probably differ.
If you don't measure it against Twister, it's a fun, enjoyable movie. Even if you do, it's not a bad movie.

something tells me this is not supposed to be happening.

this is exterior brick facade on lower/basement/garage area. Brick is dry as a bone all the way up to the gutter about 20' up. No plumbing (other than this leak) on this side of hte house. Water is getting in the facade somewhere, but there's no standing water near the house, and gutters drain into solid white pvc (which has healthy flow further out in yard)

this one has me stumped!

We needed the rain but not this much!!

exterior_leak.png

Update on AC problem I posted about yesterday: compressor must be replaced due to a restriction (unknown cause). Only 11.5 years old. Options:
- replace just compressor (though that also means 9 lb of new refrigerant); “cheapest”option
- replace condenser
- replace entire system

Thanks to all who posted yesterday to help me figure this out.

Update on AC problem I posted about yesterday: compressor must be replaced due to a restriction (unknown cause). Only 11.5 years old. Options:
- replace just compressor (though that also means 9 lb of new refrigerant); “cheapest”option
- replace condenser
- replace entire system

Thanks to all who posted yesterday to help me figure this out.
With that timeframe I'm guessing you have no warranty on any of the system? I'll be honest. The fact that the compressor went bad in just over 11 years would lead me to an entirely new system. I think the technology has improved quite a bit over the past decade, and with inflation and the cost of energy, I'd take the cheaper hit now and purchase every extended warranty you can get. I replaced mine around 5 years ago, I keep my house from 68-74 in the summer and haven't paid anything over $125 in power yet. What is the cost of the compressor and refrigerant? $2500?

Last edited:
With that timeframe I'm guessing you have no warranty on any of the system? I'll be honest. The fact that the compressor went bad in just over 11 years would lead me to an entirely new system. I think the technology has improved quite a bit over the past decade, and with inflation and the cost of energy, I'd take the cheaper hit now and purchase every extended warranty you can get. I replaced my around 5 years ago, I keep my house from 68-74 in the summer and haven't paid anything over $125 in power yet. What is the cost of the compressor and refrigerant? $2500?

I’m longing for 74. It’s been up to 88 today. Now “cooled” to 87.2. Got the box fan blowing directly at top speed..actually makes it semi-tolerable. Wind chill ftw. Feels like 80 lol.
Only 125? How? Do you know your SEER?
I may replace entire system but rest of system is fine.
Compressor ~1,500 to 2K. Refrigerant (R410a): 900

I’m longing for 74. It’s been up to 88 today. Now “cooled” to 87.2. Got the box fan blowing directly at top speed..actually makes it semi-tolerable. Wind chill ftw. Feels like 80 lol.
Only 125? How? Do you know your SEER?
I may replace entire system but rest of system is fine.
Compressor ~1,500 to 2K. Refrigerant (R410a): 900
That’s the number I was thinking when you said compressor and refrigerant, so damn expensive. The first thing I did was buy a window unit for my bedroom when mine went out. I’m pretty sure my SEER is 16, 3 ton, for 2103 square feet. It’s a Lennox and I paid for ten years parts warranty.

Extra blown in insulation, newer windows, complete shade, and the newer HVAC. It really is five degrees cooler than the city out here. Most all the neighborhoods here are older and the hardwoods are back in control. This being my west facing yard helps a lot.

IMG_1236.jpeg

something tells me this is not supposed to be happening.

this is exterior brick facade on lower/basement/garage area. Brick is dry as a bone all the way up to the gutter about 20' up. No plumbing (other than this leak) on this side of hte house. Water is getting in the facade somewhere, but there's no standing water near the house, and gutters drain into solid white pvc (which has healthy flow further out in yard)

this one has me stumped!

We needed the rain but not this much!!

View attachment 148787
It’s probably a weep hole in the brick doing what it’s designed to do. However that does mean you have a problem up above. Water is getting in up high and running between the brick and whatever membrane you have behind it.

Anybody else's poplar tree leaves starting to turn yellow already? It's about a month early from what I remember

Anybody else's poplar tree leaves starting to turn yellow already? It's about a month early from what I remember
Yeah, it typically happens in August. They are a Southern Appalachian tree for the most part where they reach their peak density, places that typically get a little more rain and a little less heat.

It’s a “lovely” 84.9 here with plenty of humidity. By the way that’s inside my house, not outside. Actually, that’s better than the 87-88 of late yesterday. But the day is still young. Regardless, clouds and nearby storms are helping though the humidity is off the charts.

Last edited:
Back