• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Wx Threat: March 28-31, 2017

New day 1. Seems like SPC doesn't have much confidence in the line along the front.

day1otlk_2000.gif

Last edited:
Atlanta news has just said that the gulf convection is robbing the energy from the front. At the moment it looks like they're not expecting severe. However, he did mention that if it were to gain some energy it could still fire up in the overnight.

Also said that he's expecting a severe outbreak around Monday.

Atlanta news has just said that the gulf convection is robbing the energy from the front. At the moment it looks like they're not expecting severe. However, he did mention that if it were to gain some energy it could still fire up in the overnight.

Also said that he's expecting a severe outbreak around Monday.
Time for model watchin' :D

I was a little worried about this threat being bigger than thought when I left class and saw a mix of clouds and sun, but when I got back to my home area it was cloudy. It rained a little early in the day but it has since stopped.

Not sure this will end up too bad, but it's worrisome the threat is coming here overnight and early morning when a lot of folks could be asleep. That seems to be the case a lot of times here with severe weather.

There is a lot of lift over north Ga right now. Will be interesting to see if these small storms can turn into something.

I'm not being critical at all, but could this have possibly been SPC's biggest bust ever. We all know threats can bust due to different things, but there isn't a single report of severe weather even close to the Moderate risk area. I don't even know if much thunder occured.

I saw that I-85 collapsed on another forum. Part of a bridge just caught on fire and collapsed. Someone for Georgia DOT is going to get fired because it was because of chemicals/gas under the road and it simply caught fire.

I saw that I-85 collapsed on another forum. Part of a bridge just caught on fire and collapsed. Someone for Georgia DOT is going to get fired because it was because of chemicals/gas under the road and it simply caught fire.

My son just told me about this. Looks like all hell is breaking loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back