• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Wx Threat: March 28-31, 2017

Actually looks like the HRRR still looks somewhat interesting this afternoon, might have limited instability and moisture but if something can pop gonna need to watch it, especially closer to Va border
Pretty good amount of sun here right now. Looks like after this last little line we clear out..

20170330_201029.jpg

Cleveland TN. 37311 @8PM March 30, 2017 during the slight risk spc bust. Brief hail core, rain shaft and noted shelf cloud.

Yeah clearing fairly quickly.... think the atmosphere can "reload"?
If we can get cleared out soon I don't see why not we are already starting to get a little SB cape out to the west and ML cape is slowly increasing. Our big issue is going to be moisture as things may start to dry out aloft before the cold front approaches.

^^^^Atmosphere recovering just fine would appear and the line is trying to get going NW Piedmont up into Va heading E/SE....

Things starting to pop again and that cell in N Vance County about to cross over into Va looks like it's possibly had some rotation off and on with it

Tornado Watch
TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 105
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
355 PM EDT FRI MAR 31 2017

TORNADO WATCH 105 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NCC015-029-041-053-073-077-083-091-131-139-143-145-181-185-
010200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0105.170331T1955Z-170401T0200Z/

NC
. NORTH CAROLINA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERTIE CAMDEN CHOWAN
CURRITUCK GATES GRANVILLE
HALIFAX HERTFORD NORTHAMPTON
PASQUOTANK PERQUIMANS PERSON
VANCE WARREN

Might just be one of the smallest tornado watches I've ever seen
4c14cedb20aeeddbea5cffd54506bde8.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I guess Roxboro gets all the snow and tornados! Lucky's

haha it didn't do any damage
That's good! Don't laugh - my new SUV got nailed in what started as a typical G'ville t'storm last summer - glad I have a professional relationship with my insurance co!
It's gonna get cool here* in a few days - so I'm going a little out on a limb (in the April thread) - maybe something less destructive to study on coming up; here's hoping, anyway! ;)

* "here" being the SE

That storm in Halifax county could almost use a tor warning

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back