• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Wx Threat: March 28-31, 2017

Updraft helicity on the 3km NAM is rather underwelming except for one or two supercells over MS. Makes sense as even the 12km NAM really kept SRH on the low side.

Edit: just noticed that was the 18z run.

uh25_max.us_state_vse.png

Last edited:
The wedge will weaken this squall line. I know in Atlanta it will. Well......a 75% chance anyways. The wedge always wins.
Not this time. It looks like the strength of the wedge has backed off quite a bit and that is why we were upgraded to slight today. In fact, earlier model runs showed that the wedge barely protected parts of NE Georgia.

303f29f7ec1a96a10087b956f3e3dd7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like a decent line of storms. I am just hoping to hear some good thunder and have some nice lightning to sleep to. The past two systems have not done much near me. The one on Monday went just to my NE and got hoover, vestavia, hueytown, and a few others, but I hardly saw any rain drops.

That looks like a decent line of storms. I am just hoping to hear some good thunder and have some nice lightning to sleep to. The past two systems have not done much near me. The one on Monday went just to my NE and got hoover, vestavia, hueytown, and a few others, but I hardly saw any rain drops.

Shouldn't you be worrying about wedding plans???? Lol just kidding

Yeah we had a loud one roll through two nights ago . I love when it storms at night . Hopefully you get some tonight

Shouldn't you be worrying about wedding plans???? Lol just kidding

Yeah we had a loud one roll through two nights ago . I love when it storms at night . Hopefully you get some tonight

Lol, this wedding planning is some serious business. It has cut down on my turkey hunting something serious!

I agree, nothing better than a nice storm at night. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Well since this storm doesn't look to produce like originally forecasted and since I have a half day already scheduled...I'm heading to Tunica. Time to win some money! lol

Lots of mixing ongoing across northern Mississippi where dew points dropped into the mid 50s

Back