• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

Tor warning
854521facfde3b9501373b66e4d4fda0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, I guess that’s it. Mega winds aloft and managed a couple of gusts into the 40s with dark red echos. Lots of rain, though.

Seems like the most of it likely missed my home in western Raleigh. I've heard a few rumbles of thunder but only light rain.

Well, I guess that’s it. Mega winds aloft and managed a couple of gusts into the 40s with dark red echos. Lots of rain, though.
Probably a good thing we had the early day rain and clouds. Had we been sunny through the early afternoon today would have been bad

Going to be interesting to see the storm report map tomorrow. Obviously, the tornado-warned storms will have produced damage, but I’m not hearing a lot of widespread squall line wind reports. I was in deep red stuff for a while and expected wind gusts higher than the 40s, tbh. The line did break up as it entered NC like the models were showing yesterday. I assume that was due to lack of instability?

Probably a good thing we had the early day rain and clouds. Had we been sunny through the early afternoon today would have been bad

That was my concern yesterday when the models were showing the line dissipating somewhat as it moved in here. I know the NAM and the HRrrrr showed massive CAPE, but I don’t know if that turned out to be correct. I only got up to around 73.

Yeah off and on rain all day here and even though it's moved out it hasn't cleared out, not sure how that squall line will respond as it gets here, the atmosphere is not nearly as unstable as it could've been

The Rolesville area and Wendall to Zebulon getting big winds right now, whenever would also watch that part of the line for a possible spin up like they had near Smithfield, especially NE of Rolesville towards Louisburg.

The Rolesville area and Wendall to Zebulon getting big winds right now, whenever would also watch that part of the line for a possible spin up like they had near Smithfield, especially NE of Rolesville towards Louisburg.
Can confirm here in Zebulon . Had a solid minute of winds so strong house shook. Visibility was zero outside. Very intense .

Going to be interesting to see the storm report map tomorrow. Obviously, the tornado-warned storms will have produced damage, but I’m not hearing a lot of widespread squall line wind reports. I was in deep red stuff for a while and expected wind gusts higher than the 40s, tbh. The line did break up as it entered NC like the models were showing yesterday. I assume that was due to lack of instability?

I won't call it a dud because we did have rotation with a lot of storms and looks like one tornado that was on the ground, but I am not sure I would call this a widespread event, and not sure it lived up to the hype. We should be grateful it wasn't worse. The rain and cloud cover really helped us out in Wake.

there are also a few lines of storms back west and the winds aloft on the models have not quite peaked over us and wont for a few more hrs.....

I won't call it a dud sense we did have rotation with a lot of storms and looks like one tornado that was on the ground, but I am not sure I would call this a widespread event, and not sure it lived up to the hype. We should be grateful it wasn't worse. The rain and cloud cover really helped us out in Wake.
More like pissed me off . Past few months we have been ground zero for stubborn cloud cover and failed warmups . Admittedly yes it did save lives maybe, thank you baby jesus.

I recall RAH saying the rain and clouds wouldn't make a difference in instability, though. But that appears to be what happened here in Wake.

2nd severe thunderstorm warning of the day away from the action with the 3rd batch of storms and ironically this one if that storm actually comes over me could be the scariest.

Back