• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

This area between Louisburg and Spring Hope needs to be watched for a spin-up
b822aee5c5cba0acce3edee6e7205be1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Most intense wind, downpour Ive been in in a long time. Lasted about 5 solid minutes. 60mph plus steady wind for a couple minutes non stop when storm rolled through a hour or two ago

Somehow only managed .3" of rain with the first batch unless wind blew it out of the rain gauge (I honestly doubt that measurement, it didn't rain too hard but it rained enough for more than .3) or my dad measured wrong again, but with this storm that's going over, that's easily going to top it.

It ended up not being scary either but for a while it looked like a monsoon outside.

I recall RAH saying the rain and clouds wouldn't make a difference in instability, though. But that appears to be what happened here in Wake.

Instability was 1000-1500 throughout the day and some areas hit 2,000+ this afternoon so the rain/clouds weren’t the issue. The line was pretty strong but had trouble mixing down the winds at times. Here at my house it only gusted 30-40 but I could hear the wind absolutely howling just a few hundred feet up.

That couplet tightened up around Littleton and at same time some winds approaching 50 mph here, inflow maybe or another rotation close over head, not sure but got intense for a few minutes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Virginia under the gun. Strongly worded tornado warnings. Multiple tornadoes on the ground. Damaging tornadoes confirmed. SEEK SHELTER NOW

Tornado warning for Southampton County in VA where my wife's family lives.

Crazy how all the tornado warned storms went around Wake today. Everything to the east, west, south, and north.

36K accounts (residential) with no power since 11:15 AM until minutes ago down here on my NE quad grid of Hogtown; a spinner less than an eighth of a mile from my house; trees down and the power line damage is amazing ... :mad: nice day in the N FL woods ... and ... Hello ... :eek:

Last edited:
Back