• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

Finally got the time line for ga. Thankfully it looks to hit my neck of the woods after 5am which means it won’t be a nocturnal threat which makes me feel better. CADD1245-911B-4134-B380-A9FAC384C64D.jpeg

Around 70mph winds indicated on radar with the line headed into jefferson county. Doesn't mean that its happening at the surface but it could.

Awful time for mobile radar to be down win a tornado warned storm moving in to alabama. Screenshot_20190418-190136_RadarScope.jpgScreenshot_20190418-190209_RadarScope.jpg

Which image are you quoting?
This one
6221dc4bacf6adffa813303f9b060613.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect for West/Central GA until 3am ET. I got the alert from TWC on my phone before it even showed up on the SPC website.

Last edited:
This one
6221dc4bacf6adffa813303f9b060613.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah I believe the Green is wind moving toward Radar and Red moving away the color saturation usually means intensity of winds. The more intense a color reads on scale the higher the general straight winds

This thing is way ahead of what the models depicted. The HRRR had this fall apart and a new line 75 miles west from. Clearly this isn't the case and it's likely 2 to 3 hours from here.
You think it will get to Upstate early tomorrow?

Any of you Bham area folks got wind reports?

I’m in Hoover and we just got a lot of heavy rain. It didn’t really seem too terribly windy here. Power flickered once but we have trees all around and it usually goes out if someone sneezes, so nothing out of the norm. Hearing some thunder now on the back end of the heavy stuff.

This thing is way ahead of what the models depicted. The HRRR had this fall apart and a new line 75 miles west from. Clearly this isn't the case and it's likely 2 to 3 hours from here.

The larger-scale circulation associated w/ a mesoscale convective vortex over northern Alabama has accelerated the forward flank of this QLCS' cold pool, thus its 4-5 hours ahead of schedule.

Back