• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe weather potential May 2 - 4

Correct and a lot of modeling had a pretty stout line crossing the mountains right around now. We don’t have that on current radar. Classic NC screw job in the making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What radar are you looking at? It looks to me like a pretty decent line is coming through the foothills now and coming into the Piedmont and down into the upstate. Let’s see what it does. It’s got plenty of unstable air out ahead of it.

85/70 here. Good test for summer today with the typically over mixed hrrr vs the too humid 3k

Really ridiculous if we can't get any storms out of today's weather.

What radar are you looking at? It looks to me like a pretty decent line is coming through the foothills now and coming into the Piedmont and down into the upstate. Let’s see what it does. It’s got plenty of unstable air out ahead of it.
Also storm cells developing out in front of main system

It does look better than it did a while ago but still not as impressive as I would of thought. Especially, given the CAPE. But yes, you’re correct. Let’s see what this thing does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That south alabama and mississippi area. Is very concerning for a derecho. Not looking good for that area. Derecho composite is pretty high as well

Massive cluster of multicell thunderstorms are now developing in a big way to our west ... wow definitely not seen from the HRRR

After the rain dissipates, the hardest hit areas will get a break until Sunday. Then it looks like rain is on the menu for the rest of the foreseeable future. Flooding will likely be the story of the day and month.

Lightening / Thunder and heavy rain back at the house. Not there right now, but I can see it and hear it on the Ring.

Back