• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe weather potential May 2 - 4

It appears the HRRR doesn't wanna have a second wave of severe weather late Tuesday into early wensday. ? Also the storms during the day look a good bit messy. I wonder if the HRRR is picking up on the EML good enough.Screenshot_20210502-205114.pngScreenshot_20210502-205046.pngScreenshot_20210502-205038.png

It appears the HRRR doesn't wanna have a second wave of severe weather late Tuesday into early wensday. ? Also the storms during the day look a good bit messy. I wonder if the HRRR is picking up on the EML good enough.View attachment 82987View attachment 82988View attachment 82989
There’s clearly so much potential these next few days hold especially with what we have seen today and tonight (I think a study needs to be done about how likely it is to get a tornado in a low topped supercell environment with large cape vs a run of the mill supercell structure environment ) I think it is also clear we’re going to need to see how storms initiate ex’s use this is again a classic wait and see type of scenario that really shows us how storms evolve and what modes we see

Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Memphis TN
953 PM CDT Sun May 2 2021

...TORNADO EMERGENCY FOR TUPELO...

The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Northwestern Itawamba County in northeastern Mississippi...
Central Lee County in northeastern Mississippi...
Southern Tishomingo County in northeastern Mississippi...
Southeastern Prentiss County in northeastern Mississippi...

* Until 1045 PM CDT.

* At 952 PM CDT, a confirmed large and destructive tornado was
observed over Tupelo, moving northeast at 45 mph.

TORNADO EMERGENCY for Tupelo. This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS
SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

25.png

Back