• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather April 30th-May 1st

Yet ANOTHER severe bust for AL. While this one isnt as big of one, the local Mets and SPC have a ton of egg to get off their faces this year. Thank goodness for the rain!

Yet ANOTHER severe bust for AL. While this one isnt as big of one, the local Mets and SPC have a ton of egg to get off their faces this year. Thank goodness for the rain!
and thank goodness for the bust!
this isn't winter ... ;)

Last edited:
9ee340f52485bf8467ed137b02cba144.png

Anyone try this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as for "threat" overnight into tomm. IMO the main question will be how much the "trash" from MCS today impacts Ga, where the mid levels were not worked over today. As for N/Central AL into TN, those areas will most likely be able to rebound in time.
Thoughts..??

Well as for "threat" overnight into tomm. IMO the main question will be how much the "trash" from MCS today impacts Ga, where the mid levels were not worked over today. As for N/Central AL into TN, those areas will most likely be able to rebound in time.
Thoughts..??
Who wants a "threat" and let's go from there ... ;)

Not bein' snarky by any means - just sayin' and askin' :cool:

OK and off the soap box ...

Last edited:
As far as Severe goes, I don't think it will be there. There will be Strong Convection along the Front in these areas, but Flash Flooding and Strong Winds will be the primary event. Some areas in Northeast/Eastern Alabama could end up with close to 4" locally.

Thoughts..??

Not happy with the latest SPC update. I'm now in a marginal with a 2% risk area for tornados. If there's one thing I hate more than severe weather, it's severe weather overnight. I just hope I'll be able to sleep and wake up in 1 piece.

Certainly the type of weather that would favor thunderstorms later on, sheesh 82% humidity would be miserable if the sun wasn't down.

I don't know about severe though, and hopefully the thunderstorms hold off until when predicted tomorrow.

Wasn't like this yesterday...
day1otlk_1200.gif

Definately not. Looks better down in my neck of the woods but man, the Carolina's are going to see something today. All of PA in an enhanced risk too! Hope everyone is alright today, maybe we'll luck out and it'll mainly be a wind event.

Been going back and forth from sun to brief showers here this morning. I know sometimes that can make things more humid and create more instability for the afternoon.

The mesoscale models seem to kill the line as it comes through the Triangle, which is typical.

It is pretty windy, too. Not sure we will get anything severe later, but sure feels like a stormy day ahead.

12z NAM and HR^3 are pathetic for the storm line as it moves through the Triangle later. Worse than before.

The tornado warning in SW Georgia was allowed to expire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had another downpour and now the sun is out again. It's going to get really muggy out. Just have to see if this back and forth makes things more stable or more ripe for bigger storms.

Back