• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather April 30th-May 1st

Wow at those warnings in Alabama. 70mph gusts are crazy. The radar colors are very close to each other too almost the whole way through.

Yeah they should start to weaken some shortly we shall see. Lots of trees down over west Alabama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No red boxes!!!!

Screen_Shot_2017-04-30_at_2.37.37_PM.png

Watch active for W.GA, most of Alabama.

Is this thing going to fizzle out over GA, or do I need to brace for it? I didn't think we were supposed to see this until tomorrow!

Watch active for W.GA, most of Alabama.

Is this thing going to fizzle out over GA, or do I need to brace for it? I didn't think we were supposed to see this until tomorrow!
NW GA may be in play ... :(

Live and time sensitive, BTW ...

activity_loop.gif

Yeah, didn't expect it to get this close. If the line continues to bow out more, then it will speed up and more areas will be hit. Not good looking.
Remain suspect on the dynamics - but as Pete Townsend said - "Don't get fooled again" :oops:

NW GA may be in play ... :(

Live and time sensitive, BTW ...

activity_loop.gif

I think the watch areas need to brace, but we should be only getting broken up thunderstorms by the time it gets here.

Thank you guys for the replies. I'm not in the watch area, not really that close to it either. Directly west of me it stops at the Alabama line, just wasn't sure if this thing was going to push on through, it looks nasty. I'm actually right in the middle of Atlanta and Macon on I-75. Pretty much middle, GA.

An enhanced risk would be verifying nicely today over Miss and AL. Have to wonder what happens over the Carolinas tomorrow IF it comes through during peak heating. At this pace though, the line would be here long before that.

An enhanced risk would be verifying nicely today over Miss and AL. Have to wonder what happens over the Carolinas tomorrow IF it comes through during peak heating. At this pace though, the line would be here long before that.
nicely?

Back