• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather April 30th-May 1st

3KM NAM more agressive than HRRR with line coming through the Midlands of SC later. Could be a slight problem/surprise if NAM is correct. After initialization errors of the HRRR a couple weeks back, I'll just assume the NAM has a better idea and expect a line to roll through later on.

Looks like a nice Carolina split

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Of course. That's how it works. The SPC has trimmed back the slight risk also. I'm not sure how snowstorms and severe weather always know how to break apart at the Triangle, but man, they sure do.

Of course. That's how it works. The SPC has trimmed back the slight risk also. I'm not sure how snowstorms and severe weather always know how to break apart at the Triangle, but man, they sure do.
Sux on snow for sure; but on the other ... ;)

New HRRR gets storms through Wake before it dies

New HRRR gets storms through Wake before it dies

Next one will break the line up again. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a legit storm threat here.

Since the tornado that hit Raleigh in 2011 it seems whenever there is a threat of severe storms mentioned, especially if we're in a watch, most if the time we don't have any storms at all. We end up having more severe storms when there isn't a watch or any threat really talked up. It has happened that way for the past few years.

The tornado outbreak of April 14–16, 2011 was among the largest recorded tornado outbreaks in U.S. history, producing 178 confirmed tornadoes across 16 states and severe destruction on all three days of the outbreak. A total of 38 people were killed from tornadoes and an additional five people were killed as a result of straight-line winds associated with the storm system. The outbreak of severe weather and tornadoes led to 43 deaths in the Southern United States. This was the largest number of fatalities in an outbreak in the United States since the 2008 Super Tuesday tornado outbreak. However this outbreak was soon surpassed no less than two weeks later by the 2011 Super outbreak, which killed 324 people.

T'storms - yup! Big, bad storms that require chain saws and a coroner --- :mad:
Not a big fan of death. But high winds and large hail are fun to watch. You have to clean up later, though, which kind of sucks.

which kind of sucks.

Couldn't agree more - and I'll get off my soap box with one more thought.

Hell, CR, you as well as anyone know I love weather as much or probably more than most ... but I also have this soft spot for folks who wake up and want to get on with life today and then all --- fill in the word(s) --- breaks loose, and well, that sux ...

But that's just me, and like I said - off the air ... o_O

Last edited:
Storms firing up in the Triad with some severe storm warnings to the west.

Back