• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

Seems like things have died down a lot compared to earlier today. Only in the slight chance now. Seems the wedge was underestimated again here.
You're being wedged in by southerly winds at 12 mph.

WRAL still really talking up the severe chance here, though. Saying the storms will be between 2 and 10 a.m., some will be rotating storms and wouldn't be surprised to have tornado warnings, and the atmosphere could become unstable again after the rain we had tonight moves out.

Looks like they've also extended the tornado watch for another hour around the Atlanta area. This thing just won't stop.

Wow. What a great squall line. One of the best I have seen in years. Amazing light show with some small hail. Lasted a good 15 mins too.

WRAL still really talking up the severe chance here, though. Saying the storms will be between 2 and 10 a.m., some will be rotating storms and wouldn't be surprised to have tornado warnings, and the atmosphere could become unstable again after the rain we had tonight moves out.
NAMs really drive dews up ahead of the front. It looks like we might develop an inversion overnight and any cells that we get will be elevated but that's speculative on my part. I could still see a few decent storms for the morning rush but I think that MCS pushing off the EC lessened the threat a bit

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

NAMs really drive dews up ahead of the front. It looks like we might develop an inversion overnight and any cells that we get will be elevated but that's speculative on my part. I could still see a few decent storms for the morning rush but I think that MCS pushing off the EC lessened the threat a bit

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Hate to say it, but if we don't get any bad storms, folks are going to be saying WRAL cried wolf big time.

Not surprised this didn't perform as well as forecast by the SPC. Same ol' situation, just a different time of the year. Large-scale isentropic upglide/ascent almost always is underestimated by high resolution short range guidance wrt precipitation on its northern flank...

Post front winds are crazy . I've had a peak gust of 47
Probably because the warm front is compressed against the cold front. TEC was showing the frontal boundaries, and the warm front that should have moved North never made it past Macon, so the temperature differences are creating the higher winds. Meanehile, we had a nice heavy rain here to end this event. Overall, I believe we got near 2 inches, which is a great hit to the drought.

Whoo hoo! Looks like it's finally past me. I've been riding the radar and this forum since 6 am, I'm ready for a beak!

Thanks again everyone for making the day entertaining. Hope all of you on the coast are ok through the night.

Anyone know where the strong winds are? Are they right behind the cold front or the dry line? I have seen people claiming gust to 50 mph and was just wondering.

Man, just hearing the thunder to my north and west is pretty cool... There's a pretty rough cell going through Jackson Co. right now...

Back