• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

Seems the severe storms here are still a lot less of a deal than what they were made out to be yesterday by RAH and WRAL.

Sounding from the NC state campus
ecc5cf38a3f4e861c5d4361fca091f19.jpg

well that turned out like crap from my phone but....nice lapse rates and hodo, cape is very limited and cinh is pretty high. You take this hodo and lapse rates and shift them mid afternoon and we are in big trouble
Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

well that turned out like crap from my phone but....nice lapse rates and hodo, cape is very limited and cinh is pretty high. You take this hodo and lapse rates and shift them mid afternoon and we are in big trouble
Yeah, that's why I said we usually need some clearing and sun to get things going here. Without that it's hard to have the spark to fire things up.

Tapatalk is easy to use to post pics but sometimes the image sucks I've noticed...

Looking at the visible satellite there is a little area of sun to the west between the current storms and that area which might be boosting cape a little, also that area appears to be right along the front. I'm curious about it but we will see

nvm that clearing was the shadow from the storms in Johnston county...

Last edited:
Looking at the visible satellite there is a little area of sun to the west between the current storms and that area which might be boosting cape a little, also that area appears to be right along the front. I'm curious about it but we will see

nvm that clearing was the shadow from the storms in Johnston county...
And the ground hog crawls back into his hole.... Lol

My house sits right where the 9:31 is...wished I'd stayed home. Dogs probably going crazy
292510d38ec916531c92c869f2e1c138.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

of course the best part of a storm moves over my house when I'm at work
giphy.gif
Funny how employers close for snow storms but if there was a big tornado outbreak going on they're like come on in, you can still drive in it. We don't even have a designated area at the office to go for a tornado. I said I'm headed to the bathroom in case we get a warning this way.

Back