• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat 2/21-2/23

Look at the very high low level cape. Don't often see it that high. Cape has come up dramatically for north Alabama. updraft helicity even she's a supercell lasting for over 100 miles on the updraft swaths. Things are about to go bonkers later. Watch for any boundaries that will intensify things as well.HRRRSE_con_cape3km_014.pngHRRRSE_con_uphlysw_018 (4).pngHRRRSE_con_sbcape_014.pngHRRRSE_con_stp_015.pngHRRRSE_con_stp_014.pngHRRRSE_con_scp_015.png

Attachments

• HRRRSE_con_scp_014.png
    HRRRSE_con_scp_014.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 8
what does this mean for north Alabama when it shows this?
That the atmosphere is primed for some really strong storms. Of course there is a lot of other ingredients that have to come together. But when your getting near the maxed out area it's usually not a good sign. Kinda getting a bit anxious for the cell that sets up on a boundary.

Your probably going to see a upgrade for north Alabama soon. I'm about 99% positive on that based on trends alone. Geez Louis the one weather day I don't go in early ?. What's your thoughts @Arcc?

That the atmosphere is primed for some really strong storms. Of course there is a lot of other ingredients that have to come together. But when your getting near the maxed out area it's usually not a good sign. Kinda getting a bit anxious for the cell that sets up on a boundary.
thanks. appreciate you updating us

Weak low pressure looks to develop northwest of bham. that may be a aiding factor in backing the winds some

Your probably going to see a upgrade for north Alabama soon. I'm about 99% positive on that based on trends alone. Geez Louis the one weather day I don't go in early ?. What's your thoughts @Arcc?
I honestly doubt we see an upgrade. Just looking at the WRFs neither have an convection before the storms along the front. Way too much uncertainty.

I honestly doubt we see an upgrade. Just looking at the WRFs neither have an convection before the storms along the front. Way too much uncertainty.
I'd put some stock in the HRRR though it was pretty good last severe threat. But good observation didn't take into account the WRFs. Usually in this range I solely rely on the HRRR

None of the local Mets have mentioned any threats this evening. Which quite frankly scares the hell out of me.
Lol always follow what your local Mets say. But I'd say there's a possibility of some bad weather in your area. Weather offices kind've have to be conservative in threats

13z hrrr run countinues what the 12z showed and in certain parameters is worse. Cape has shifted more east. HRRRSE_con_etop_013.pngHRRRSE_con_etop_012.pngHRRRSE_prec_radar_013 (2).png

Updraft helicity swath is a good bit stronger. This thing is definitely riding. A boundary long track supercell HRRRSE_con_uphlysw_016 (2).png

Back