• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

A large tornado watch for only one warning would probably do more harm than good. After looking at the latest data, I still don’t see a large tornado break for NC this weekend. I see more of a gusty wind threat and maybe some flooding in spots. 0-1 tornado for western NC and maybe around 2 for the rest of the state. Won’t know till the morning of to see how many clouds and rain are putting a lid on things.
Exactly ... and thank you (since it ain't my neighborhood, I'm reluctant to speak too much)

If the 3k nam is right tomorrow will need to be watched in parts of upstate SC. It has a clear boundary running from near Charlotte NC to Greenwood SC. 2000-3000 cape along and south of it. May not be but 1 or 2 storms but if they get near that boundary they could be rough.

LA/MS guys need to watch out for the possiblity of a storm in the morning hours shows a strong long track rotating stormScreenshot_20190412-192107_Samsung Internet.jpg

Source???? For such statement
The sim radar on the 3k does show a decrease across Alabama as the gulf convection continues
2cfd23adcd8395361ffc0f425d72f9da.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The sim radar on the 3k does show a decrease across Alabama as the gulf convection continues
2cfd23adcd8395361ffc0f425d72f9da.gif

That kind of makes the Enhanced Risk area on Sunday look awfully silly.

It will probably be downgraded tomorrow to slight risk. If the Trends continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was always a possible outcome, between the poor timing and the best dynamics having shifted further NW.

You know if that does happen and areas don't get worked over in north alabama and the sun comes out. A second wave may appear more likely. Ample shear will be in place for a second wave. So idk.

That's because it's not the full story. It's the second area that is more concerning.

True, but FFC did make a good point about that outcome in this morning's discussion, which would still put the enhanced risk area into question.

"A band of showers and thunderstorms will
develop Saturday night along and ahead of the front, moving to the
GA/AL by Sunday morning, and across the CWA during the day Sunday.
By Sunday evening the main band of convection will be out of the
CWA, well ahead of the cold front. There could be some re-initiation
of convection along the front as it moves across the CWA Sunday
evening, but with drier air moving into the CWA, the convection

should be scattered."

Wtf are y’all talking about, storms start firing up around 22z. Smh
The model clearly shows the initial band of storms dying as convection forms in the gulf. No one really mentioned whether or not a second band would form behind it. That does make you wonder how the atmosphere would be affected if at all.

The model clearly shows the initial band of storms dying as convection forms in the gulf. No one really mentioned whether or not a second band would form behind it. That does make you wonder how the atmosphere would be affected if at all.

Agree, I was more referring to the people talking after your initial post

Back