• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

Agree, I was more referring to the people talking after your initial post
Understood. I do think though that that initial band of storms, its outflow/cool pool, and potential gulf convection will create a forecast headache from Al east. You could really see those factors driving the potential for severe weather up or down across a good part of the region

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Something else to note. Is if there isn’t a solid line. Or wide spread severe weather over Georgia and Carolinas. There still likely be a few isolated individual storm cells that could try to rotate. It’s really a tricky forecast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the system speeded up too that also limits the risk if so James Paul dice said faster moving

So maybe the words "look awfully silly" were a poor choice. I should have said such an outcome puts the Enhanced Risks area on Sunday "into question."
I expect a downgrade tomorrow to slight risk probably I just dont see an enhanced risk if the gulf storms form

These weather models are going to induce early hair loss for me by making me pull my hair out. ? lol. 00z HRRR is almost halfway through so will see how a good bit of alabama convection unfolds i imagine.

These weather models are going to induce early hair loss for me by making me pull my hair out. ? lol. 00z HRRR is almost halfway through so will see how a good bit of alabama convection unfolds i imagine.

This is why I hate systems with the SSW flow aloft with a strong trough in this position.

Really not a crazy solution. Those have happened several times and could actually be the storm of the day. Although I could see it happening farther west.
Itll be a hectic day for sure tomorrow.

This is not uncommon. Getting a few severe-warned storms when there’s no watch is pretty routine.

Anyway, I like the rain every few days during pollen season.

Well, it has not been uncommon the past few years. Why I have said it seems we get more severe storms and warnings around here now when we're not under a watch than when we are.

The sim radar on the 3k does show a decrease across Alabama as the gulf convection continues
2cfd23adcd8395361ffc0f425d72f9da.gif

Hate seeing that in winter, but great to have happen with a chance of severe weather. That may be the only hope we have for not having a bad outbreak.

Hate seeing that in winter, but great to have happen with a chance of severe weather. That may be the only hope we have for not having a bad outbreak.
It could play the reverse roll as well though into sunday afternoon as the remnant outflow would be a good initiation point for isolated/scattered storms in a setup that's more favorable for supercells ahead of the main band of storms

It could play the reverse roll as well though into sunday afternoon as the remnant outflow would be a good initiation point for isolated/scattered storms in a setup that's more favorable for supercells ahead of the main band of storms

Agreed.

If there's sneaky potential anywhere on Sunday, it would be in SC/NC.

Back