• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

I wish I remembered this time period, but I was an infant. Below is what Blairsville, GA recorded at that time, maybe Rosie remembers this if she was around then. Look at that extended cold period, I can't even imagine...

View attachment 47777

KATL

View attachment 47778

Banner Elk, NC

View attachment 47779

Sorry, I know this is all completely unrelated to September.
I just created a graphic to analyze that cold air outbreak. The color pallet is a little choppy because I borrowed it from Tomer Burg's pallet, and made a mistake in copying each color one-by-one. Basically, the light blue < 32 degrees. The white is 0 degrees.

It’ll be September in a few hours, it’s currently 61 degrees at casa de Mack!

AFD here says record lows and record low maximums, are likely Labor Day week!

AFD here says record lows and record low maximums, are likely Labor Day week!

Remember, Mack, that you're obligated to send it down here. That was the deal with you doing this thread. If you keep doing that, you'll be in high demand to do future threads.

Remember, Mack, that you're obligated to send it down here. That was the deal with you doing this thread. If you keep doing that, you'll be in high demand to do future threads.
Currently 52 as we Segue into September here!

I had looked at this time frame on the GFS last week and thought it was cute but would never verify...

gfs_T2m_scus_39.png
FB_IMG_1598940453353.jpg

Last edited:
One good thing, is the 6z GFS backed off of the east coast ridge enough to allow a cool wedge (..that's CAD Mack :p) in the long range. Below is day 12 dew points; which is still in fantasy land, but at least it's now showing a cooler signal.

Attachments

• aaaa.JPG
    aaaa.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 28
This cold front is really about to pump the brakes in Alabama late next week ain't it... Last frame looks decent on the Euro, but it still looks like it's slowing down.

Even in late summer the southeast is plagued with the stubborn SER.This is preventing cooler (not much) dryer air to move in.This looks to continue for the next two weeks.Higher dew points and temps to come aka. Muggy.

b544d9d02257e47b0d2395a50bb6fa15.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back