• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

It’s in the low 80s cool doesn’t come down till tomrrow

Y'all should remember that my dad keeps the A/C at a high temperature, but we've been under a full cloud deck for most of the day as well so we're actually cooler.

Honestly I'm surprised though. The A/C is at 77, the house temp is at 77, and yet I have not heard the A/C.

Yes, with the fan, I'm feeling fine despite the A/C being set to come on at a temp that is kinda high.

Y'all should remember that my dad keeps the A/C at a high temperature, but we've been under a full cloud deck for most of the day as well so we're actually cooler.

Honestly I'm surprised though. The A/C is at 77, the house temp is at 77, and yet I have not heard the A/C.

Yes, with the fan, I'm feeling fine despite the A/C being set to come on at a temp that is kinda high.
Augusta officially hit 81 today.

I couldn't imagine keeping the house temp at 77. That seems very uncomfortable.

Augusta officially hit 81 today.

At the time being where that was posted, it was 78 with Atlanta itself reporting 81.

The A/C did come on a few times but not until later.

But yeah, my dad's preference was probably the main contributor.

Ive kept my house at 69 during the day lately, but generally 72 during the day and 68 at night during the hot summer days. With 2100 square feet my electric bill fluctuates between $100-$125 during the summer, my latest is $121. A little bit of elevation and a canopy of oaks and hickories goes a long way for energy savings.

Back