• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

12z GFS now has some snowfall all the way in the Oklahoma and Texas Panhandle early next week. Should this verify, this would shatter the record for the earliest snowfall of all time in both areas. The earliest snowfall in the Oklahoma panhandle is September 18, 1971, and the earliest snowfall in the Texas Panhandle is on September 27, 1936. View attachment 48029
Euro actually doubles down on this a bit by giving Amarillo, Texas almost 2 inches of snow. This would shatter the record for the earliest snowfall in the city by around 20 days. Current record for the earliest snow in the city is September 29th, 1984 when 0.3 inches of snow fell in the city. This could be an unprecedented early season snow for this part of the country. Crazy!3B900E5A-0E27-4FEF-88FF-FF6670785677.jpeg

On another important note here. We have the ingredients for a scatter severe weather event next Friday across the Mississippi valley. Looking at H7 and H5 maps you can tell there is a lot of energy with a ULL over Missouri and Illinois. The gradient on temps is almost twenty degrees. Wind fields are also present. The strength of this vorticity can’t be ignored at them moment.

8d0d07fbd27c01775c19d0b5fad3cfcf.jpg

25c758d69b0099d81e818a420caa0ba3.jpg

941aba93e0020b6c04982bac5d45ae23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can keep these fronts coming through once a week I believe we can stay average. The GFS and the Euro both agree that we’re gonna keep the fronts coming after this one.

It felt great this morning across the upstate low humidity and dewpoints...im ready for fall

I was actually a bit disappointed for my area. It was 69 when I left and I didn't notice a huge difference in dew points. I checked those and my current dp is 66. So it's a little better than it has been but I was hoping for a bigger dip in both temps and dews. Hopefully tomorrow morning will deliver for me. Just saw the current dp in Sptbg is 55, so that would be noticeably better.

This is more like it. Back to the steam bath by Wed though.

349d32493f7665fc8fbc748d8eb4b28d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God it feels cold out there I hate this it’s too soon. I want summer

Back