• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Pro Wrestling

WWE would never do anything like an exploding barbed wire death match. AEW makes WWE look like an afterschool special.

That sting match was awesome. The exploding bard wire match meh it was ok. Sting match should have been main event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They screwed up the ending last night with the dud explosion and Eddie selling it like it was still a big explosion and the commentators acting like it, too. Could have easily been solved by whoever was running the show telling the officials in their earpiece to tell Eddie and the commentators not to sell it and act relieved that the big explosion didn't happen. It still would have been effective with the story telling of Eddie coming out to help Moxley. Still, I think it was a great PPV overall, and I enjoy AEW so much more than I did watching WWE the past few years.

AEW is just awful to me. If everybody from the Elite had their last match last night except Page and Cody, I’d be thrilled.

That's not a take I've heard much at all, but different strokes for different folks. Why do you think it is awful and is there any wrestling you like more today?

That's not a take I've heard much at all, but different strokes for different folks. Why do you think it is awful and is there any wrestling you like more today?

Yeah, it's the opposite for me. I look forward to AEW every week. I haven't watched WWE since AEW started airing on TNT.

Wow, big swerve at the end of AEW last night, and I loved it! I have been hoping for this stable to form for a while.

There’s just no selling. It’s a bunch of acrobats flying around. Tully instantly became like the fifth best worker in the company after not wresting for 15 something years. The bucks are insufferable and generally awful. Omega is about the same. Marko Stunt would’ve been broken in half by Ole Anderson. They have not built a homegrown star outside of Adam Page. Tony Khan is the absolute drizzling ----- as a Booker.

I don't know how anyone who watched wrestling in the 80s and 90s could prefer WWE over AEW now.

There’s just no selling. It’s a bunch of acrobats flying around. Tully instantly became like the fifth best worker in the company after not wresting for 15 something years. The bucks are insufferable and generally awful. Omega is about the same. Marko Stunt would’ve been broken in half by Ole Anderson. They have not built a homegrown star outside of Adam Page. Tony Khan is the absolute drizzling ----- as a Booker.

No homegrown star other than Adam Page? Wrestlers such as Orange Cassidy, Dr. Britt Baker (more her character than her wrestling), MJF (same as Baker), Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, and the Dark Order/Inner Circle Alliances may beg to differ.

Regarding the "Lucha Libre" style high flying acrobatics, there is a lot of that and it is cool to watch. Have you seen Ray Fenix walk the ropes? It is amazing to see! But admittedly it is sometimes overdone at the expense of classic stay in the ring wrestling. I do think they (and probably others) overdo the knock down a bunch of people outside the ring at the same time like bowling pins.

ROH also has a lot of high flying.

I have hardly watched any WWE since Dynamite started. Not enough time and so I mainly stick to AEW.

AEW is Aweome!

As a big WCW fan growing up during the Monday night wars I stopped watching wrestling when WCW closed their doors in 2001. One of my good buddies has always watched wrestling and when he told me about AEW I watched All In and was hooked. Haven’t missed a weekly show nor a PPV. Blows away WWE.

I would have loved to see how AEW would have used Goldberg. But unfortunately that won’t happen since Goldberg is signed with wwe through 2023. How wwe is using Goldberg isn’t really working for most fans.

Back