• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Pro Wrestling

I don’t normally watch AEW but sting has me interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now only watch AEW regularly and have stopped watching WWE and ROH. I enjoy watching Dr. Britt Baker, DMD, on the mic (her actual wrestling is only so-so though her finishing “lockjaw” is hilarious). Once she made her heel turn on AEW a while back, she really began to shine. A dentist is a natural heel as Lawrence Olivier’s character (“Is it safe?”) in the movie Marathon Man demonstrated real well. It is a trip to watch a real doctor as a pro wrestler. I had seen her do a few matches on ROH prior to this, but she wasn’t that big a deal then.

Regarding those who join JR, Tony, and Excalibur on the mic at the table, great ones are obviously Jericho and Tazz in very different ways. But there’s also one other I haven’t yet seen mentioned here who has rapidly become quite enjoyable: Eddie Kingston!

I now only watch AEW regularly and have stopped watching WWE and ROH. I enjoy watching Dr. Britt Baker, DMD, on the mic (her actual wrestling is only so-so though her finishing “lockjaw” is hilarious). Once she made her heel turn on AEW a while back, she really began to shine. A dentist is a natural heel as Lawrence Olivier’s character (“Is it safe?”) in the movie Marathon Man demonstrated real well. It is a trip to watch a real doctor as a pro wrestler. I had seen her do a few matches on ROH prior to this, but she wasn’t that big a deal then.

Regarding those who join JR, Tony, and Excalibur on the mic at the table, great ones are obviously Jericho and Tazz in very different ways. But there’s also one other I haven’t yet seen mentioned here who has rapidly become quite enjoyable: Eddie Kingston!

Call me old school but I only watch WWE when Goldberg shows up. I know he’s not all that great anymore but I like him. Reminds me of my childhood same with Sting!

Call me old school but I only watch WWE when Goldberg shows up. I know he’s not all that great anymore but I like him. Reminds me of my childhood same with Sting!

Goldberg and Sting were prime in their prime for sure! I have yet to see the latest AEW (with Sting’s debut), but I recorded it and will check it out when I have time.

If you like old school, you should check out AEW more regularly. In addition to Jericho and Dustin Rhodes still wrestling regularly, they have done well by using several as managers like Jake the Snake, Arn Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. Also, the Rock and Roll Express have been on a couple of times. Diamond Dallas Page, who’s still in great shape for his age, actually wrestled at age 64!

And you can’t get more old school than having JR and Tony on the mic!

Goldberg and Sting were prime in their prime for sure! I have yet to see the latest AEW (with Sting’s debut), but I recorded it and will check it out when I have time.

If you like old school, you should check out AEW more regularly. In addition to Jericho and Dustin Rhodes still wrestling regularly, they have done well by using several as managers like Jake the Snake, Arn Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. Also, the Rock and Roll Express have been on a couple of times. Diamond Dallas Page, who’s still in great shape for his age, actually wrestled at age 64!

I’m definitely gonna start watching it

Is Tony Schiavone still around? I remember him from the old Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling programs back in the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is Tony Schiavone still around? I remember him from the old Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling programs back in the day.

Indeed, he is and he sits next to JR! He also does a lot of interviews as well as things like in ring contract signings. They often utilize him as a “put upon” comic foil, interestingly enough.

Did you know he worked as a barista at Starbucks for a time?

It is hilarious to hear Jericho intentionally mispronounce his name as Skee-a-vone!

I wonder though when it comes to sting how many Bumps he will take. His injury back in 2015 I think it was against Seth Rollins was a pretty serious injury.

AEW has been awesome lately. Really enjoying the storyline with Omega and Callis, Sting coming back, and MJF in the Inner Circle. Very curious to see where it all goes. Plus the actual matches have been great, too.

Reactions: SD
It is absolutely shocking to see Brodie Lee (aka Luke Harper at WWE) pass during the prime of his career at only age 41 and illustrates well the fragility of life even at a young age. His wife said he passed due to a non-Covid related “lung issue”. I had noticed that he hadn't been on AEW in recent weeks despite the rest of the "Dark Order", the group he was leading, still being on there. His character was of a very intimidating big man. This was in stark contrast to him in real life. The following shows how much he was loved, and he was especially remembered as a great father and husband as per the numerous tributes to him here:

The wrestling world mourns the loss of Brodie Lee (espn.com)

After tweeting daily through the day of his last match, a classic and very physically demanding “dog collar” match vs Cody Rhodes on October 7th, he had no more tweets.

May Brodie Lee (real name Jon Huber) rest in peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD
Yes, that was a shock. They didn't mention anything about him since he was last on Dynamite. I wonder what kind of lung issue could have caused his death so quickly.

Yes, that was a shock. They didn't mention anything about him since he was last on Dynamite. I wonder what kind of lung issue could have caused his death so quickly.

I'm a bit confused. Didn't he appear to be well for that very physically demanding Oct 7th dog collar match? But then he made only one more tweet just afterward at 10:36 PM saying simply, "Much respect to Cody Rhodes." After that, not a single tweet and he had been tweeting at least once a day for many months. It almost seems as if that match may have lead to something. Or else it is just a coincidence on the timing.

It really is bizarre. Only thing I can think of would be pneumonia, cystic fibrosis, or lung cancer. But I think info would have gotten out if he had lung cancer or cystic fibrosis. Of course, no one knew Chadwick Boseman had cancer before he died.

It really is bizarre. Only thing I can think of would be pneumonia, cystic fibrosis, or lung cancer. But I think info would have gotten out if he had lung cancer or cystic fibrosis. Of course, no one knew Chadwick Boseman had cancer before he died.

If he had CF he wouldn’t have been wrestling. Ever. Average lifespan for someone with CF is early 40’s, but they don’t ever become competitive athletes.

Edit: there are very few competitive athletes that have CF. Only one, a rugby player, plays a contact sport.

I saw this online.

“The company knew. I guess that Jon’s wife pretty much told everyone in the company but they didn’t want it out so it wasn’t out, what the situation was with his lungs not working essentially,” said Dave Meltzer. “He had been hospitalized since the end of October.”

“So, he did the match with Cody and the idea was for him to be off for a couple of weeks, with the idea that he took such a brutal beating and then when he was off, that’s when he got sick.”

“After the match, he had done a workout on his peloton bicycle and he got really tired and he couldn’t figure out why. He couldn’t finish his workout. Shortly thereafter, maybe two weeks after that, is where it got bad. I don’t know all the details, I’m sure that they will all come out in time, but essentially his lungs stopped working. It got really grave and they were aware of how grave it was, at least at the end.”

Just really bizarre. I don't know what could have caused him to die so quickly if it wasn't covid. I guess it could have been pneumonia. I think they would have known before then if he had lung cancer.

I saw this online.

“The company knew. I guess that Jon’s wife pretty much told everyone in the company but they didn’t want it out so it wasn’t out, what the situation was with his lungs not working essentially,” said Dave Meltzer. “He had been hospitalized since the end of October.”

“So, he did the match with Cody and the idea was for him to be off for a couple of weeks, with the idea that he took such a brutal beating and then when he was off, that’s when he got sick.”

“After the match, he had done a workout on his peloton bicycle and he got really tired and he couldn’t figure out why. He couldn’t finish his workout. Shortly thereafter, maybe two weeks after that, is where it got bad. I don’t know all the details, I’m sure that they will all come out in time, but essentially his lungs stopped working. It got really grave and they were aware of how grave it was, at least at the end.”

Just really bizarre. I don't know what could have caused him to die so quickly if it wasn't covid. I guess it could have been pneumonia. I think they would have known before then if he had lung cancer.

From your post:

“Shortly thereafter, maybe two weeks after that, is where it got bad. I don’t know all the details, “

If it took two weeks to get really bad, why did he not tweet anything starting the very next day after having tweeted practically every single day for many months? Does that make sense?

b630b88848124bd52a67cec51cb678d7.jpg

Well this royal rumble match has me excited! At the royal Rumble

Back