• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Possible severe weather February 4th-7th

Several schools are delaying tomorrow to see if water will recede in time. Flooding everywhere western piedmont into the foothills.

Dang, that's quite ominous. So, that's what they were talking about on channel 6 as I was trying to take some time to study and as it turns out my suspicions on that storm might have been right as soon as I looked away for a bit over 30 minutes.

Also could have tried to chase a shot like this if I wanted.

Ashe County Schools closed tomorrow due to the flu. Keep kids inside out of the rain and flood waters.

This might be a 12 hour record for me in Kernersville. 3.34" and still coming down. like MAD!

right at 3" for me since midnight. Kind of surprised we're not under a warning yet.

We are.

332 PM EST Thu Feb 6 2020

...A FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 800 PM EST FOR ALAMANCE...
FORSYTH...DAVIDSON...ORANGE...RANDOLPH...GUILFORD...CHATHAM AND
DURHAM COUNTIES...

At 326 PM EST...Doppler radar indicated persistent moderate rainfall
across the warned area. Up to three inches of rain have already
fallen, with up to an inch of additional rain possible through this
evening.

Local law enforcement report numerous impassable roadways
in Davidson County. In Greensboro, minor flood is being reported
along North and South Buffalo Creeks, and in Chapel Hill, Bolin
Creek is out of its banks.

This constant rain and thunder are impressive. And it just keeps coming. It's like someone is aiming a firehouse right at the Piedmont. Looks like it'll continue raining till around 2 am. I'd imagine that the evening commute in Charlotte is going to be just awful.

Tons of bridges washed out around here. Worst I’ve ever seen it in the upstate

Back